Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Prevost Terms -- Unfamiliar

Default Prevost Terms -- Unfamiliar

I registered as the new owner of our bus with Prevost, answering a few question and that was that. Received a Thank you/ Welcome letter a short time letter. No where in the letter or my conversation did I hear reference to any self help access to Prevost info which I am assuming these terms, "CATBASE" and "Prevost Action" apply to. Anyone care to take me by the hand and explain---Please?

Larry,

I sent an email to maurice.gagne@volvo.com who is the north american service manager for Prevost. He had ronald.beverly@volvo.com send me a copy of CATBASE DVD. Very accomodating.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by GDeen View Post
    Larry,

I sent an email to maurice.gagne@volvo.com who is the north american service manager for Prevost. He had ronald.beverly@volvo.com send me a copy of CATBASE DVD. Very accomodating.
    I e-mailed Ron Beverly this afternoon inquiring about getting a CATBASE CD. Within 30 minutes of sending my e-mail he called me! He told me that an updated version of the CATBASE will be available in about 10 days and wanted to know if I wanted to wait on the new one or did I need one right now. I told him I'd wait for the updated version and he said he would send it to my home as soon as it became available along with instructions for its loading onto my computer and its use.

Now that's service!

Gordon and Michael, thanks for the info on Catbase. I will follow your lead.

Now, anyone know about "Prevost Action" ?

I assume that they mean this ....

http://www.myactionservice.com/Engli...st_service.asp

You can just call the toll free parts number and ask for the Catbase and they will send you the disk, providing you have a Prevost account number.

can't you get the same thing online?
    GregM

Ray, I think that is it. Nice to know this sort of stuff is available. I must not have the secert hand shake or, as they used to say in Uncle Sam's Canoe Club--"there is always 10% that doesn't get the word."

It's a little different from recurrent ground school Larry. It doesn't come from the company firehose, you have to ask for it.

Prevost Action Service (PASS) is a very cool thing (as you probably know by now). These guys are available 24/7 at (800) 463-773. They can help with ALL things Prevost. Another very helpful item is the Prevost resources card that lists pertinent numbers and all of the regional service managers and their phone numbers. Any service center should have them.

Brian, "you have to ask for it". Reminds of the guy that asked, "how can I yump when I got no place to stood?" [best said in a Scandahovian accent]

Thanks for the info