Thread: SUN N FUN

Default SUN N FUN

I haven't been there in years, and not in a bus.

Is there an area for buses with drivers with bad knees to watch the aerial part of the show. Last time I was there I was flight line camping, many, many years ago.

Woody,

We were there with a display for pilotsnpaws last April and unless you get there very early, very very early, and get a spot along the fence line you may have to walk a ways to get a good view of the air shows. Even then you will be nearer to the approach end of the runway, and not centered.

Granville has a spot where he regularly parks his coach but that is in a setting not what would be described as close to the activities, the exhibits, or the shows. But if you got a golf cart rental or scooters that may be the best approach.

They have scooter rentals but you need to reserve now....there is a 24 hour generator campground that is on the tram route,these trams will take you to the flight line .If you go to the sun and fun website you can download a map..I believe the road where this particular campground is located is called "Rocky Road" I will try and confirm when I get a chance. You would probably need to be there or preposition your bus at least a week in advance to guarantee you get a spot in this campground.
    Granvil Tracy
    2000 Vantare XLV45, S-2

Attached is the link to the campground map. The section I was referring to is section 16. Call me at 305 799-4193 if you need additonal info.
    http://www.sun-n-fun.org/FlyIn/Sched...groundMap.aspx
    Granvil Tracy
    2000 Vantare XLV45, S-2