Thread: Oil Reservoir Tank

Hybrid View

ajhaig Guest

We never had to add oil between oil changes in our 1991 Marathon - 8V92 (probably because we changed the oil more then we needed), but I would always have the oil reservoir tank drained and re-filled with fresh oil when we had the oil changed.
    Last edited by ajhaig; 01-21-2010 at 04:08 PM. Reason: sp

Quote Originally Posted by ajhaig View Post
    We never had to add oil between oil changes in our 1991 Marathon - 8V92 (probably because we changed the oil more then we needed to), but I would always have the oil reservoir tank drained and re-filled with fresh oil when we had the oil changed.
    Ditto on mine for the short time I have owned....did learn that the tank only holds about 9 qts rather than the 10 qts the manual states

sawdust_128 Guest

I have the square tank seen in the upper right of the picture.

P7090054.JPG

On the right side, toward the front of the tank is a glass view tube. It tells you the level of oil in the tank and would show if there are layers of other things like water in there. I am headed to the coach and will try to get a picture of that.

Checking that view tube has become a part of my standard checking. I want to make sure that the confidence I think I have because of carrying additional oil is justified. I never thought about it as getting contaminated before.

Here is the condition of the resevoir tank cap when I took possession of the coach and the reason I started always checking this. It does have a breather hole in the center of the cap.

P7090063.JPG