Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Storing Bus with slides

Default Storing Bus with slides

Any pros or cons on storing the bus inside a building leaving the slides either in or out. This would be for short term usually no more than a month at a time.
    Bill

I do not have a slide coach, I did not rear the manual, I did not stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

I don't think it makes a difference whether the slides are in or out. What I would do if I had a slide coach however is remove air pressure from the bladder seal. I would want the seal to relax.

If the coach were stored outside I would NOT ever allow the seal to relax because if water or moisture should get into the coach the problems could be extensive.

That is only an opinion, not supported by facts or knowledge.

Bill,

I don't have any official regs on storing a slide in or out, but I store mine deflated and the slides in. I keep the coach inside which allows me to do so.

I agree with Jon, I think that is better to relax the rubber as opposed to keeping it inflated all the time. My rubber gasket is 12 years old and it appears to be in good condition. So I guess I must be doing the right thing.

I am not sure but I BELIEVE the air pressure on the slide gaskets is about 22psi. That is not a great deal of pressure; just enough to keep the water out.

Just my .02
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

My qualifications are the same as Jon's but unless I heard a solid argument to the contrary, I would store them with the slides in unless I had it in a clean room like Jack 14R. The reason being that if there were any dust, condensate or crap built up on top of the slide while it was stored, it would now be on the inside when you retracted the slides.

JDUB,you are too nice,how did that happen?I also agree that the roof of the slide could get real dirty in some places,I keep my slides in except when cleaning inside the coach or cleaning the hidden sides of the slides.My coach stays aired up in storage with regulated shop air,so far I have not had a problem,time will tell.

I have a slide coach and agree with Jon. Mine is stored inside with slides in and aux air off. I have left the slides out on ocassion while stored inside with aux air off but with the narrow storage area I have - it makes it difficult to walk around the bus with slides out.

I have read the supplemental slide operation and maintenance chapter that came with the coach and it does not address proper storage of a vacant coach regarding slides. I think Prevost assumes you do not store them, rather you use them full time.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

I think the slides are designed to stay out for extended periods. The slides don't behave differenty occupied or not. Dust would be a concern but people live in their Coaches year round so its not a big deal. I agree you would want your aux air turned off if not attended.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Default Why Store with Aux Air OFF ?

Why would it be beneficial to store with the Aux Air OFF?

I would think letting the bus do its thing from time to time, adding air to the system to keep proper pressure would be a positive thing, UNLESS you had a major leak and the Aux Air was running continuously.... that would not be good.

Gary S.

Why would it be beneficial to store with the Aux Air OFF?
    Probably the same reason that I turn off my aux compressor every time the bus goes into it's storage location. I don't want the compressor coming on, a leak existing, and the little compressor working 24/7 until it fails completely.

Ray

You know, it would probably be a good idea to turn off the water pump also. Same logic.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot