Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Maine Rally This Summer

Southern Pines, NC (next door to Pinehurst)

Skiffer,

We have arrived in Boothbay Harbor. Carole started working on the lobster population immediately for lunch. Lobster Roll at the Sea Basket. Doesn't look like anyone else is here yet. Better hurry, Carole is looking for Lobster Pancakes for breakfast tomorrow!

Hey Loc,

We are from the "Sandhills" area of NC. Lots of desert like sand there so we brought some with us for dessert!

Weather was hot and humid today. Tomorrow's forecast is for less of both. Yeah!

Will,

Margaret has a game today in the Maine 11-12 State Championships ( http://mainesportsreport.com/?p=8916 ). I am going to swing by tomorrow and see if we can get Jon to eat some oysters in Damariscotta in the afternoon. I'm hoping you and Carole will join us!

Jim
    Last edited by Jim Skiff; 07-18-2010 at 08:09 AM.

Deb, Eric, Jay, and Patrick and Sherry Fix are planning to arrive this afternoon. We hear the lobsters calling!

Deb, Eric, Jay, Patrick and Sherry have arrived. They are now pursuing lobsters at Robinson's. Carole and I ate lunch there today after going to the Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens. If anyone is a car fan (King of da' Bling!) you missed an antique car show across the street at the Boothbay Village Railroad Museum. I missed it too since I watched the end of the British Open and the cars left for a parade in Boothbay Harbor Downtown, rats. The museum does have 50+ antique vehiclesi of their own that are worth the walk uphill to their storage building. If the The King of da' Bling, or other flatlanders can't make the hill, there is a narrow gauge steam powered railroad that will take you to the top of the hill and let you detrain, for a nominal fare of course.

So far the lobsters are winning the battle, so come on reinforcements we need your help!

Jim,

Carole says to count us in on the oysters - even though they are not related to lobsters, as far as we know!
    Last edited by Will Garner; 07-18-2010 at 04:08 PM.

I saw the dynamic duo of buses on the highway when I was headed south today. I waved like crazy hoping they would see me! I was looking out for them and just before I made my turn, there they were.
    Robinson's is awesome, I know they will enjoy it.

Will, let folks know that everyone is welcome to go for oysters (or whatever they would like) at King Eider's pub in Damariscotta tomorrow afternoon early evening.

It's exciting to have people up heah..........ayuh.

We are in Niagara but will be busting our hind ends to get there Tues A.M. Jay, save some lobsters for everyone!
    Danss 1999 Vogue, 03 Chev. Trailblazer

Dan-O,

Can't wait to see you and Jo!

Jim

Dan,

Carole and I just did the Niagara to Boothbay run. It is about 628 miles. We did it in two segments, broken up at Sturbridge Village Mass. From Sturbridge it is about three hours the rest of the way to Boothbay. BTW, toll on I-90 from Buffalo to Mass is $78 plus change.

Safe travels and looking forward to seeing you here at the Mini-Maine Rally.

Will

We are overnighted in a rest stop on 84 just before the MA border. Don't know why I didn't make my reservations in BB to start tonight as it would have been an easy trip from Gettysburg - just wasn't sure given our lack of experience on the roads up in this neck of the woods.

We are going from Bar Harbor to Niagara Falls before heading south. Sounds like it is doable in a day. Look forward to seeing / finally meeting everyone tomorrow!

Ok the Desilva's, Kellers, Fosters and Dators are dry camping in the metropolis of Mahwah NJ we are now drinking Lemoncello, an exquisite Italian drink.......we're not quite sure if we are going to make it under the current circimstances.
    Wendy and Rick DeSilva
    '08 Marathon H-3
    2017 F350 platinum
    Mahwah, NJ
    Brant Beach, NJ
    Pelican Lake, Fla