Thread: Maine Rally This Summer

Hybrid View

Default Maine Rally

We are working on this and are really excited about POGGERS coming to Maine.

A new member " Woody " has arranged for dry camping at Owls Head Transportation Museum between 7/10/10 and 7/17/10. We will choose a couple of days during that time. Thanks Tad.

So right now we are trying to get spaces in Boothbay and Bar Harbor.

This will be a summer blast! More as we find out what is available.

Pictures at Cow Shit corner are extra but can be arranged.....For a fee.

Jim

Look forward to it!

Default Maine

My wife wants to go so I guess I will see you in Maine pending business.

The wife and I had planned on a trip to Maine the 1st part of August but I would like to attend the get together, so I'll see if she wants to give up another month of her summer in Gig Harbor.

Skiffer,

Since you own the Maine Rally, lucky boy, are we now considering a window between July 10 and 17? If possible, we need to nail down some dates so plans can be made. Are the campgrounds you mentioned still open for reservations this time of year or are they shut down?

Who Dat!

Jeff Bayley Guest

Lloyd- You said you need to be in Nova Scotia around the time of the Maine Rally. At Bar Harbor, there is a high speed catameran ferry http://www.catferry.com/ that goes non stop back and forth to Nova Scotia twice a day I recall. It's around $500 one way. You could go one way and drive back one way instead of seeing the same scenery twice and although it's pricey consider the fuel costs and time savings. For passengers only it's under $100 (round trip I THINK) if you guys wanted to plan a day trip but it probably looks just like Maine except for a bunch of "Eh?" talk.

Looks like the Royal Coach Club is going to be there September 12th - 18th in case you want to intermingle. They'd probably all sign up for POG if ya'll waned to make the snowball bigger. http://www.royalecoachclub.com/rally.cfm

I just edited this after reading more of this thread I was behind on and realized everyone is going in July. Didn't think a date was set yet.

Has anyone ever tried making an annual "Mega Prevost Rally" combining all the various clubs ? Could just make it the same place and time each year to maybe increase turn out. Maybe it would be too out of control and hard to organize. I guess I should make it to our own rally first before suggesting such a thing.
    Last edited by Jeff Bayley; 02-13-2010 at 10:43 PM.

Jeff,

The "Cat" formerly the "Blue Nose" has been discontinued.

http://www.catferry.com/cat-statement-2009.html

Jim
    Last edited by Jim Skiff; 02-15-2010 at 03:48 PM.

We will see everyone at the Narrows Too Campground. We booked it today and will be coming down from Quebec into Maine.

Jennifer and I have booked a few extra days at Narrows Too beyond the group dates to spend a little more time exploring the park and surrounding areas. Looking forward to it!