Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: POG 9 Buckhorn Lake Kerrville

Eric, Deb, Jay Faires yes.

Eric Faires
    Huntsville, TN

sticks Guest

Sounds great! Horse country and a chance to meet all of you.Sandy and I are looking forward to it!!

It will be a great Rally...

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I think we should have more fun stuff and free time and a few less seminars.

Stay tuned..

Orren Zook Guest

Yeah, what Truk said.......

Default Kerrville in 2010

Yeah, what Truk and OZ said. Me and Micki are in.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Default Kerrville

Dan & Jo are IN!
    Danss 1999 Vogue, 03 Chev. Trailblazer

Yeah what Truk said, we're in.

Quote Originally Posted by truk4u View Post
    It will be a great Rally...

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I think we should have more fun stuff and free time and a few less seminars.

Stay tuned..
    Please keep in mind that new members / first time Rally attendees come to get schooled. Old timers do not have to go to every seminar or event. I was not able to get to every scheduled event at OKC, but I certainly enjoyed/benefited from everyone I did attend.

Maybe the schedule could be arranged to have events in the AM and every PM free?

We plan on attending also.

Top of my list:
    United Engines
    When we broke up into groups to tour OUR brand of coach. This was very helpful.
    Everything thing else was great, but that was the 2 best for me as far as learning useful information.

I think the demographics of the attendees will define the agenda.

POG started out from the git-go as a group of owners who wanted to learn as much as possible about their coaches. I suspect a lot of the newer owners are POG members because they meet that description.

In our inventory of seminars which have been put on over the years we have ranged from basic brake operation all the way up to complex systems such as Hector's suspension program and Mango's Webasto program.

We have put on seminars at rallies attended by very few coaches and at rallies attended by many coaches. I don't know the best way to discern what rally attendees are looking for but while I certainly would enjoy a rally biased towards fun stuff I think we who have put on or attended seminars need to consider those still involved in the learning process.

I have been trying to get this to happen for a while, but I think we are at the point where if the attendance is high enough we should encourage the converters to have converter specific seminars. Perhaps set aside one day and have the experts who built the coaches teach about their electrical systems, their recommended house maintenance schedule, their plumbing systems, heating systems, etc. I feel strongly about this because each conversion has unique features and systems and the owners of those conversions need to understand them. We are finding this out thanks to Ed because he is explaining how Vantare for example has a unique electric distribution system via the inverters. This is critical stuff for owners to know.

As always - valuable input, Jon!