Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: POG 9 Buckhorn Lake Kerrville

Yankee802 Guest

Ok, here is a question for all. I normally hang out on channel 19 when on the road to listen to the truckers, and it being the 'main' channel. Is there another channel people use, or a 'Prevost' channel?

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee802 View Post
    Ok, here is a question for all. I normally hang out on channel 19 when on the road to listen to the truckers, and it being the 'main' channel. Is there another channel people use, or a 'Prevost' channel?
    The Marathon channel is 26 but don't tell the Liberty people.

Channel 19 just because the truckers use it. There have been many times I have had an alert about accidents or traffic stops ahead that allowed me to take a quick look at a map and jump onto an alternate route. I had a trucker tell me I was on fire because I monitored channel 19. If I am running with another coach we may decide to remain on 19 or may selct an alternate channel, but when alone I am always on 19.

I really dislike the language and the idiotic remarks, but having the ability to get advance notice of what's ahead, or to have someone communicate something important to me outweighs the downside. Maybe because I have been a pilot I can literally tune out most of the negative stuff like language and dumb remarks, but I am on full alert as soon as I hear "stagecoach" or "motorhome" or Prevost on the CB.

Yankee802 Guest

My sentiments exactly! Think I'll stay on 19.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post
    Channel 19 just because the truckers use it. There have been many times I have had an alert about accidents or traffic stops ahead that allowed me to take a quick look at a map and jump onto an alternate route. I had a trucker tell me I was on fire because I monitored channel 19. If I am running with another coach we may decide to remain on 19 or may selct an alternate channel, but when alone I am always on 19.

I really dislike the language and the idiotic remarks, but having the ability to get advance notice of what's ahead, or to have someone communicate something important to me outweighs the downside. Maybe because I have been a pilot I can literally tune out most of the negative stuff like language and dumb remarks, but I am on full alert as soon as I hear "stagecoach" or "motorhome" or Prevost on the CB.
    Ditto here. You may recall my story about leaking diesel fuel on the NY side of the GW bridge approach. Fortunately I was tuned to 19.

Is there any interest in a computer class at POG IX ? I am computer challenged and would like to learn more about how to navigate on this Forum and post a picture. If someone would hold a class we could take our laptops to a central location and learn .

Also how to use " Speel Chick. "

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

I would attend that class if given.

When the board gets quiet..........you know they are on their way.

kerrville bus..jpg

Jim K., If no one volunteers to hold a class, I'll show you how to post pictures.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Thanks Dale.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty