Thread: North Georgia POG micro-rally - Jan. 28 - 31, 2010

Default North Georgia POG micro-rally - Jan. 28 - 31, 2010

I started a thread on this a while back, but stupidly put it in the wrong forum section. Here's try # two!

Originally Posted by Larry W
    We will arrive at Twin Lakes on Jan. 27 and stay till Feb. 1 or later.
    Called today and made reservation.
    Excellent! Who else in the GA, AL, TN, SC, NC contingent is up for an informal POG micro-mini rally in beautiful Cumming, GA around Thursday, January 28 through Sunday, the 31st? If you want in, call Russ at Twin Lakes RV Park (770) 887-4400 and tell him you're with the Prevost Owners Group micro-rally to make reservations. Post here after you do, so we can get a head/bus count of who's in! I'll call Russ again in the next day or so to clue him in that we're definitely coming. If you get to him before I do and he doesn't seem to know what you're talking about, just tell him that you're a friend of Larry Walker's!

Pat and Larry Walker will arrive on the 27th. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Michael, Sarah and I plan to be there for Saturday night only. I also notice your trip to Chattanooga. I need to be in Nashville on the 16th and could come from work Friday night as far as Chattanooga. Where will you be staying? We either dry camp at the Look-outs baseball stadium downtown or stay at Hales Bar on Nickajack.
    Towson Engsberg
    2006 Legendary XLii DS

ken&ellen Guest

Thumbs up twin lakes

Great place. We have been a guest there as recently as well Christmas 2009.
    My daughter live near by in Cummings. Ken & Ellen

Quote Originally Posted by towsonengsberg View Post
    Michael, Sarah and I plan to be there for Saturday night only. I also notice your trip to Chattanooga. I need to be in Nashville on the 16th and could come from work Friday night as far as Chattanooga. Where will you be staying? We either dry camp at the Look-outs baseball stadium downtown or stay at Hales Bar on Nickajack.
    Towson - I'm really glad you'll make the micro-rally if even for just one night! It'll be great to see you again and meet Sarah! The Chattanooga trip is a Christmas present to our 16 year old daughter. We promised to take her and a friend to see comedian Brian Regan at the Tivoli Theatre on the 17th. As a bonus for Vita and I, we've got tickets to see Ron White at the same venue the previous night (16th)! We are huge Ron White fans and saw him at the Fox Theatre in Atlanta last year. In Chattanooga, we're staying at:

Best Holiday Trav-L-Park
    1709 Mack Smith Rd.
    Chattanooga, TN 37412
    Phone: 706 891 9766

We won't be arriving until shortly after noon on the 16th and departing on Monday, the 18th. Come join us - maybe on the way back from Nashville?

So far (as of Friday) the only POGgers that have made reservations at Twin Lakes RV Park are Larry Walker and me. It's rumored that Towson Engsberg is going to make an appearance on Saturday night, the 30th, but no one else has made a firm commitment yet! C'mon guys & gals - let's party!

Michael is this still a go? How many people do we have? My wife will be in FL for the weekend and I'm driving back from business in Mobile on Friday so I will either be up there that night or Saturday afternoon. Not knowing, I have not made a reservation but hope it won't be full.
    Last edited by TG Transport; 01-24-2010 at 05:38 PM.
    Towson Engsberg
    2006 Legendary XLii DS

Quote Originally Posted by towsonengsberg View Post
    Michael is this still a go? How many people do we have? My wife will be in FL for the weekend and I'm driving back from business in Mobile on Friday so I will either be up there that night or Saturday afternoon. Not knowing, I have not made a reservation but hope it won't be full.
    Towson - still a go! It looks like it will just be Larry & Pat Walker, Vita & me, and you! Our oldest grandson is having surgery on Thursday and we're committed to babysitting the youngest one on Thursday so the parents can be with the other one at the hospital. So our plans have changed to a Friday afternoon arrival (instead of Thursday as originally planned).

I hope you can come in Friday, too!

We will arrive on Wed afternoon. If we canmake it to Twin Lakes from Marion MS in 3 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry W View Post
    We will arrive on Wed afternoon. If we canmake it to Twin Lakes from Marion MS in 3 days.
    Larry - I think you'll make it! Marion, MS to Cumming, GA is about 324 miles. Driving at the prerequisite 62.5 mph - that's only a little over 5 hours!