Thread: Built in Tail light converter

Devin W Guest

Default Built in Tail light converter

Our Liberty has a box near the top of the engine bay that the lighting harness feeds through. It has several fuses and while I was having the air line installed for our MG toad brake, the installer suggested that it might be a tail light converter, though mine did not seem to be functional. Any ideas if this is the case? It has a selector switch on it and the wires in/out of it are clearly for the lighting. I don't have pics right now, but I'll snap one when I get a chance.

thanks,
    Devin

Yes, if your Liberty is similar to ours, I do believe that box is for your trailer/toad lighting.

Devin,

I allows you to set the bus up for the toad to choose between a single turn signal and one that shares the brake/turn signal. Brian may jump in here.

I never heard from you regarding electrical drawings?

Devin W Guest

Thanks, guys. I was hoping that was the case. Now I need to troubleshoot it -- might be just a bad switch.

Tom, my apologies for not responding on the electrical diagrams sooner. We've been on the road 3 of the last 6 weeks and the other 3 were spent sorting the coach (so it seems, anyway). That being said, I just opened my book with the diagrams and it has the bus shell diagrams. It doesn't appear that I have anything for converter installed items. In fact, my Liberty manual is actually for a 1996(?) with the Series 60, so some of the info in that doesn't quite match up to my bus. I'll let you know if I run across anything else as I go through other items that came with the bus.