Thread: Little Grand Canyon

Default Little Grand Canyon

This little know canyon in mid west Georgia, just south of Columbus, officially called Providence Canyon is a small wonder. Difficult to photograph because the sky is normally cloudless and gray. My father and I have photographed this canyon for over thirty-five years with everything from large to small format cameras. Most of the photos on the park website were made by my father over 20 years ago. I have added a larger photo gallery to the sidebar on the home page under Providence Canyon.

While visiting the family for the holidays we stole dad away for an overnight trip to the canyon.

If you are traveling in west Georgia this is near Plains and there is a nice campground, Florence Marina State Park. -L

sticks Guest

The camping spot looks picturesque but reminds me of the destination in the movie " Deliverance". Are they the same? Great photos might stop by on our way out of Florida this winter.

Remember if you get too far back in the sticks in Georgia it all looks like Deliverance, I lived there for 35 years.