Thread: AV challenged

Hybrid View

dmills Guest

Default AV challenged

Troubles with Panasonic DVD on my 2000 Featherlite. The model is DVD A110. Skips and stops. I want to replace it with one that is compatable with the AV entertainment stack in the stateroom. I need it to fit in the cabinet and work with the two tv's and the Bose Lifestyle surround. Any help?

Now this is strange. I just had the same thing happen in our coach with the same player. In fact, it wouldn't even read the menu or start the DVD in the end.

We will be replacing it shortly. I will follow up when I figure it out.

JW

dmills Guest

I began my search to replace the DVD with the same model, so as to "plug n play". I have discovered this model is characteristic of this symptom. It stops and skips. The concern is something compatable, will fit isn the entertainment cabinet, and wont add another remote. You also need to find a player with two pin jacks for two tv's. I would also like to find a stackable dvd and one that is "roadable". I have tried to get Featherlite in on it but so far I have not solved this. Panasonic is of no help with a replacement. Any help would be welcomed.

dmills,

This is a tough one as you will probably not be able to find another unit that is the same size as the old DVD player. Look at Circuit City or Best Buy and you'll see they are all different sizes and shapes and they change every month or so. Find a name brand, check on line for product reviews and figure out a way to mount it in the old space.

On my unit, a combo VCR/DVD player, I use the S/video out to feed the television closest to the player, and send the RF output (channel 3 or 4) on a coax to the "selector switch-VCR input" which will send it to the other tv's located in and out of the coach. Not as high quality a picture as the S/Video, but it works.

For remote control, we use a "Harmony 880" (i believe thats the model) which is a universal programmable remote that will control numerous devices. its is easy to program from your home computer or laptop, and will control the DVD player, satellite (Tivo/Direct TV unit) amplifier, satellite radio (XM) and television without problem. I keep the old remotes handy for emergencies, but we seldom have to use anything else.

Hope this helps.

MIke K

Mike K,

I would like to add some of those small 7" LCD monitors around the bus. Can your recommend a brand or dealer. Also have you had any luck w/ the remote RF cable hookup to send the cable signal remotely?

Thanks
    Mike

ken&ellen Guest

Default Radio shack

Mango, Do not mean to jump in here, but Radio Shack has that unit for $49. It works great outside the coach to switch the Direct TV box in the salon. Ken