Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hotlanta - Not

It's supposed to get down in the teens around here this week. Forecasters are predicting the coldest temperatures in at least 20 years. We didn't live here full-time then but I remember the bay was partially frozen and we had a big fish kill. Where's all that global warming when you need it?

Bonnie

ken&ellen Guest

Talking Glad we built the barn

Even though we live in Southeast Georgia we built an insulated barn to house the Liberty. Even with overnight temps in the teens I have been able to maintain 40+ temps with a small propane heater a couple hours per day. Durning the balmy summer temps ( 100 degrees with 80% humidity ) the insulation prevents heat from damaging to the coach.
    Gladly, this weather is rare for an extended period here in Savannah.

Ken & Ellen

henryhighwood Guest

Alek,

We live not very far from you, just a few miles west of the I-80, I-180 interchange.

That morning the official temp in Princeton was -14, but we were a bit colder just outside of town.

We will be leaving Tucson next Tuesday for the Atlanta area. Please send to cold away before we get there.
    Will be traveling on I-10. Do any of you east Texas folks know of a RV park close to Magnolia, TX a 45' er will fit in? Wive's nephew lives is Magnolia. He works offshore but will be home this month. Any do not miss stuff along I-10?
    Plan to return on I-40.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry W View Post
    We will be leaving Tucson next Tuesday for the Atlanta area. Please send to cold away before we get there.
    Will be traveling on I-10. Do any of you east Texas folks know of a RV park close to Magnolia, TX a 45' er will fit in? Wive's nephew lives is Magnolia. He works offshore but will be home this month. Any do not miss stuff along I-10?
    Plan to return on I-40.
    Larry,
    Rayford Crossing RV Park near The Woodlands is real nice. The road in is a little odd but once your there the roads are paved with nice wide pull-thrus etc. www.rayfordcrossing.com

Patrick
    Thanks for the information. Rayford Crossing looks like it will work. 20 miles from nephews house.

Larry - I'll do my best to shoo the cold weather away before you arrive, but I'm not much of a weatherman - so no promises! All you southeastern POG'ers, please join us at Twin Lakes RV Park in beautiful Cumming, GA January 28-31 and let's show Larry some good ol' southern hospitality! Here's a link to the thread with contact details for reservations: North Georgia POG Micro-Rally January 28-31, 2010.

Michael,

Start another thread in the Rally section for the Cumming deal and I'll move these posts to that thread.

Quote Originally Posted by truk4u View Post
    Michael,

Start another thread in the Rally section for the Cumming deal and I'll move these posts to that thread.
    Tom - thanks! I actually did start a new thread a while back, but put in the wrong section (General Chit Chat). Now I've heeded your advice and started a new thread in the Rally section: North Georgia POG Micro-rally - Jan, 28-31, 2010

Default Just for fun

When you think its cold outside try this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88N6qu7DzE8