Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mice problem

Smile Mice problem

Hey guys,

Does anyone have suggestions on the best practice to keep mice from coming into the coach. I'ts in a heated garage but I'm in and out going to work, and I work in the woods so I could easily bring one home unknowingly. We went out this morning and found lots of "sign". So we removed anything resembling food that wasn't in the fridge.

Thanks,

Chris

They can do a lot of damage and I know of no way to stop them from entering the coach. They somehow find pathways despite every opening from the underside into the house seemingly sealed. Even if we could keep them out of our garages, they have an opportunity to enter when we are in RV parks and campgrounds.

On our coaches I opened panels in the bottoms of cabinets that were intended to access valves and devices, and placed containers of mouse and rat poison in the area and then replaced the panels. I probably have 3 or 4 scattered through the coach. I do that so if we ever brought our pups on board they would not be able to get at the poison.

I also placed a couple in the bays. One is in the water bay and another is in one of the center bays.

We don't leave food in the coach, and we do not leave water, which they will crave after eating the typical poison baits. That way they will leave the coach in search of water.

I am always on the alert for signs, like mouse droppings, chewed paper (used for nests) or scattered bait around the containers (that I can see) to show activity. The last thing I need is to have my wires chewed.

sawdust_128 Guest

Contact your local cooperative extension service. They will have recommendations specific for your location based on species and state licensed pesticides/rodenticides. Or, you can look for a document produced by your State Deprtment of Agriculture or Extension Service with a title something like "Pest Control Manual".

And how about you complete the info in your signature please?

I put those glue traps all around the floor in my barn - caught lots of scorpions, and other insectual varmits but no mice yet. Hope to keep them from ever getting to the bus.

Buy a cat and keep it in the garage

Simple solution for a complex problem.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Bait traps in your 4 corners of the garage, consult a local Exterminator if the problem persists.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Smile

Thanks guys,

I think I'll try all of the above and gang up on them!

Chris

I think you should ask Miles how he got rid of the rodent he inherited
    2008 Millennium H3-45

2013 Chevy Avalanche

watch out with the bait traps b/c the mice sometimes wind up stuck in some hidden place like in a wall where they'll decay. i'm not really a cat person but that is definitely the most effective way to stop them.

Thanks, I've caught 2 and I set traps in all the likely spots. What is this other rodent we're hearing about?

Chris