Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hotlanta - Not

Hybrid View

Default Hotlanta - Not

Yikes, 18 this morning in NW Georgia and high in the 20's. Temperature in my insulated bus barn is 29. Got the floor heat on and the water heater keeps the plumbing bay toasty and that takes care of all the water worries. Even if you have a garage or barn, check on your temps to prevent freezing.

Michael - Be sure to have bay heat and some cabin heat going on Evangeline if your in town..

IMG_3249_1.JPG

Whine, whine whine.

Up here in the frozen north it was 10 degrees this AM. Inside the casa del grease pit it is a balmy (by comparison) 49 with the furnace off.

Tomorrow we head south with Di's sister for a mini vacation and it looks like we will never get higher than the 50s, with two days in the 40s. But I can ride my bike or wash the coach or grill some burgers without standing in the 20s or 30s that are forecast for Knoxville.

Yesterday when congratulating our grandson on his 18th birthday he shared with us that the snow was blowing sideways, was 18" to 24" deep and he couldn't see the end of the driveway it was coming down so heavy. It was in the teens then and promising to get real cold.

So what's so bad about morning temps in the 20s?

Quote Originally Posted by truk4u View Post
    Michael - Be sure to have bay heat and some cabin heat going on Evangeline if your in town..

IMG_3249_1.JPG
    Tom - thanks for the heads up! We are, in fact in Woodstock, freezing our butts off (that's saying a lot for me as I'm the most hot natured person I know - I usually can't sleep under the covers - I sleep on top - but I've been under the covers and had them pulled up to my neck for the last two nights!). Our next bus outing is not until January 15-18th - quick trip up to Chattanooga, so I'll be sure to watch the temps between now and then!

By the way Tom - I'm still looking for covered or inside space for Evangeline with at least some power. Please let me know if your friend or anyone else you know has any covered/inside spaces open!

Tom,

I can't have too much sympathy for you. I live in Florida (the Sunshine Stae), and it was 24 this morning and hasn't been too much warmer since. Supposed to be in the teens tomorrow night. Of course, that sounds warm to those in the upper mid-western states.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

henryhighwood Guest

I envy you guys in those balmy climates
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ted,

Where in ILLINOIS are you ?
    I'm 2 hr SW of Chicago and the coldest was "only" -1 F overnight

Alek

parksincpp Guest

My niece lives in Rochester, NY. She said it was -5 with the wind shield factor. She escaped to Costa Rica today to thaw out.

Ok, being a bit of a newbee with little experience in dealing with these buses in freezing weather I've got what may be a dumb question which I'll ask under the premise that there are no dumb questions. I have my bus in a storage facility that has no source for heat. Its a large facility holding maybe a couple hundred or more RV's and boats. What is the best way to keep anything from freezing ie: leave water heaters on? run the wabasco inside the storage facility for three days? space heaters? hope for the best and do nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by pwf252 View Post
    Ok, being a bit of a newbee with little experience in dealing with these buses in freezing weather I've got what may be a dumb question which I'll ask under the premise that there are no dumb questions. I have my bus in a storage facility that has no source for heat. Its a large facility holding maybe a couple hundred or more RV's and boats. What is the best way to keep anything from freezing ie: leave water heaters on? run the wabasco inside the storage facility for three days? space heaters? hope for the best and do nothing?
    Running the Webasco inside a building may not be the best option, however if you are outside it should be ok. Depending on your electrical service you could run the 120V heaters. The bay heat should keep the water bay from freezing as long as you don't have substained very cold weather. The best option may be to winterize the water systems.

Quote Originally Posted by pwf252 View Post
    Patrick, do you have electricity available to you at your storage site and you should, as the best long term storage is when plugged in.

OK then, plug in and turn your bay heaters on to keep above freezing and set your living area toe space heaters to around 50 F and set the hot water tank on, for a minimum degree of protection.

You can supplement heat in specific areas of your choosing with the small cube heaters such as sold at Walmart or other similar stores.

I would not run the Webasto indoors because of the CO hazzard. Management would frown on that practice as well and ....