Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Officially took the Prevost Plunge...HELP?!?

From all the searching and reading I've done there are two major glass cooktop technologies. Induction and ceramic radiant. The induction is probably the best for a small kitchen because only the pan heats up not the cooktop. It does however take a special set of pans to work. The ceramic has two types of burners, radiant and ribbon. The ribbon heats almost instant but does take some time to cool. The seaward unit has a coolig fan to lessen the cool down.

Karen and I are gpoing with a seaward Pricess ceramic cooktop. The model we ordered is not available any longer and is quite pricey but it was just what we were looking for. Is their lite touch model with no knobs and we are having it put in directly under the microwave but flush mounted into the counter top. We are doing this because we would like a bigger counter and the ceramic glass top will double as counter space when not cooking. We are going with the 3 burner model which is larger and probably why it is discontinues because it give you two big burners set in each corner which allows two larger pans to be used simultaeously. We probably will never use all the burners at the same time. I'll take photos once it's done.
    Last edited by GSwaim; 07-01-2010 at 12:05 AM.