I am about to embark on an upgrade from R-420 (high cost replacement for R-12) to R134A. I currently have leak(s) in the system, and since the coach is an April 1991 conversion (#60121), I thought a place to start would be changing out the hoses. I would appreciate any comments guidance available from any source on just how to do this and have the project be successful when done.

I know the project will involve some cabinet disassembly in the galley and at least removal of the bed support in the bedroom in order to get at the condenser units. I have a commercial HVAC person ready to vacuum test the system, repair any of my failed joints, and then charge the system. They already changed over the Dash A/C to R134A. That was quite the project with two Cruisaires in the way of hose connections.

I know someone had a post previously about their compressor being the source of the refrigerant leakage. If they could provide the link to that post it might be a good place to start looking for leaks. I know I will also need to change out other items in the conversion to R134A.

Thanks in advance for any assistance available from our CC knowledge base.