Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: planning trip to florida soon-Jan.

sticks Guest

Default planning trip to florida soon-Jan.

We will be leaving the cold country of Iowa ( and our quarter horse farm/ranch) and heading to Florida( an odd choice) for a "while". We just traded UP for a Liberty Prevost 3H-45 2005 and looking for interesting pit stops on the way down. Probably heading towards Memphis,Atlanta, etc. unless weather dictates a quick straight south route.
    Also, planning a trip to Yellowstone this summer. What is a safe route for our sized RV towing your typical Jeep? Took our first trip 2 weeks ago to Vegas and went over Laughlin pass. NEVER AGAIN. I'll bet the truck driver who told me the road was a piece of cake is still laughing. Come to think of it I never saw another big rig coming or going when we lugged up the mountain.

Welcome to POG, Sticks. Good choice in a convertor, as we ALL agree that Liberty is nunero uno.
    If you end up heading south on the way to FL. we are about 20 miles north of Longview, TX. and have a great stopover spot for any POG members going by. We would love to have you folks. I could even tell you my "Iowa Blizzard"
    story.

Welcome aboard Sticks, point that big boy south and don't look back. Keep an eye on the board, there may be a mini rally in February at Port St Lucie. You would then be close enough to spend some more money at Liberty.

Default Southward Bound

Head it south and keep going. Welcome to POG even though I am a relatively new member, be it known that this place brings up a lot of information and answers to almost any question, foreign or domestic. And did I mention the friendliness? Having lived in Omaha, NE for 8 yrs I don't blame you for your trip. Especially this year! Have a great time , you can always pull into any campground (that fits) that you have used in the past, and revel in the way people all gaze at your Prevost and wish...

Welcome to the "asylum", Sticks! If you come through Atlanta on your way south, I'd suggest a stopover at Stone Mountain Park Campground. There is a great deal to do and see at Stone Mountain Park and seasonal rates through 12/31 range from $30-$40 a night (depending on partial hook-up or full hook-up). Also, there is an attractive package deal available:

Camping/Tickets-Christmas & Camping Package
    Price: $115.00 and up. See pricing list for more details.

"Celebrate the spirit of the season at Stone Mountain Christmas and add a stay at the Stone Mountain Family Campground for a fun filled escape."

Packages include:

Two (2) nights at any full or partial hookup campsite
    2 two-day All Attraction Passes including Stone Mountain Christmas
    One (1) bundle of firewood
    A S'mores Snack Pack

Rates start at $115.00 and vary based on number of guests. Additional nights & tickets can be purchased separately. Packages must be booked more than 3 days before arrival. Packages are subject to availability and may not be available during some holidays. Packages are available on Stone Mountain Christmas operating days only. Click here for the operating schedule. Prices include sales tax.

Pricing:

Package with Two (2) tickets: $115.00
    Package with Four (4) tickets: $165.00
    Available Dates
    Because Stone Mountain Christmas is only open on select dates November 14- December 30, 2009 your package must have an arrival or departure date that includes one of the following dates:

December: 4-6, 11-13, 18-22, 26-30

Follow this link to see more package details and/or to book: Stone Mountain Camping/Tickets-Christmas & Camping Package

If you do come through Atlanta, give a shout via this forum or private message. We'd love to meet you and see your new coach! Finally, we're planning an unofficial POG "micro-rally" at Twin Lakes RV Park in Cumming, GA (a north Atlanta suburb) while fellow POG member Lary Walker is in town from Montrose, CO Thursday, January 28 through Sunday, the 31st and if you're in the area then, we'd love to have you join us!

Biloxi, MS (Beautiful Mississippi Gulf Coast)

Smile Florida trip

Sticks: Welcome to POG. There are several POG members who spend Jan.and Feb. at the OUTDOOR RESORTS in Port St. Lucie. The resort is just a short way off of I-95 at exit 121. This is just 21 miles North of Liberty in Stuart. Hope you will plan to spend a few days at the resort so we can meet you. I am on lot 465. Ed Saylor

Welcome Sticks. Sounds like a great bus.

FYI, in Deep East Texas where Ted lives, All means me and my wife which is good because Ted and Jan agree Liberty is the best. They All are excellent hosts as well, even to a lowly Marathon owner such as myownself so do drop by for some of their hospitality.

sticks Guest

Thanks for all your posts. If we head straight south and get close we'll certainly call. We feel quite at home in this group and haven't even met anyone yet. Liberty dealer in Stuart is on our itinerary so hope to meet a few of you there. Might hang in there for the rally in February but depends on foaling dates . Have one due 3rd week in Feb. and hopefully she won't threaten to go early.

sticks Guest

How do we add picture to our " signature"?

Go back to where you edited your signature in the control panel. At the bottom of the edit page you'll find a UI for adding a signature picture. Take a look at the size restrictions. Most signature pictures are generally 100-200 pixels on the longest side.

To put the picture in the signature, click on the link "insert signature picture" or instead type the following into your signature line where you want to see the picture:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

That will place the picture where those two vBulletin commands are.

Ray