Thread: Fit a Car in the basement bay

Ben Guest

Default Fit a Car in the basement bay

Check out this RV from Germany that allows you to slip your car into the basement bays.

When I was in Salt Lake City in June, there was a German RV in front of me. I noticed he had a back door which looked like it could almost be a garage. It wasn't a whole back end, like a toy hauler, but just about 2/3 of the rear side.

He also had this little-bitty car, which I've never seen before. But, boy was I surprised when he opened the "trunk", got out a winch, and hoisted the car into the back of the motorhome and drove off!

The car was roughly the size of a Mini-cooper, perhaps a little taller. I believe the whole setup with either from Mercedes or BMW, I don't remember which. But, it was pretty cool, none-the-less.

This particular person ships his unit over the US, and then spends about 6 months driving around, and then ships it back. He's coming back, but like to South America next year!

Oh, the life!

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

To call that just a car is an absolute understatement. Anybody see the infomershal with Tommy Kendle test driving one of those with a Formula One driver in another? Had me wantn one. Deffinatly COOL stuf Ben keep it comming!
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 09-01-2006 at 06:03 PM.

Ben Guest

Travel Supreme has been selling an RV that uses a mid engine, which allows it to have a "garage" at the back. The first version could hold a Mini Cooper, but then they changed it and now it can only handle two motorcycles or a golf cart.