Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: High Gang

Default High Gang

My Name is Gary Swaim and although I'm not new to travelin in a coach or otherwise, I am new to Prevost buses. My Wife, Karen and I have traveled full-time in a coach for the past 8 years after we retired from our lifelong careers in San Diego, CA.

I'm currently transitioning from a 2008 - 45' quad slide Holiday Rambler, Navigator to a non slide 98 to 02 Prevost. I'm making this journey because we are slowing down from full time travel and plan to build a home in Pigeon Forge, TN next year. You can read more about Karen & I on our personal website www.SwaimQuest.com

We own a customizing business called Custom Coach Connection that has focused on electronic upgrades nad repairs for motor coaches and fresh water yatches. We now have expanded our services to custom cabinetry as well as flooring and renovation. You can see more of what we do on our business website - www.CustomCoachConnection.com

Happy Holidays, Karen & Gary

Welcome to POG. There are several of us who will benefit from your services when you get settled down in Tenn. Get Jim Skiff to make you a deal on advertising. We are always glad to get new members who know their way around electrons, so get ready for the questions.

Welcome to the asylum. You have picked the best spot to live and from now on we wish you would keep it secret. Too much traffic.

Almost kidding about that.

Although this group of misfits is reluctant to express themselves, if you have questions regarding your search for a new ride, post them here. Occasionally someone will respond. The hot buttons for questions are Over The Road air, slides, which converter is best, roof airs versus Cruise Airs, slides or no slides, etc.

I will shorten your search efforts. Just go buy a non-slide late 90s Liberty rivet coach.

Default ...the swaim's to the rescue...

thank the lord you arrived just in time...please shed some light on bettering all of our cb systems in-as-much as the reception and transmission is quite limited...assuming the signals match and check out, do we have any other options to better our range and communications with other vehicles...thank you and welcome to POG....shookie

Welcome Karen and Gary, read about your fire,WOW, that was terrible.

Happy to see you here. Good luck moving next to Jon

JIM

Welcome Karen and Gary. We transitioned from a triple slide '03 Beaver to a non-slide 2000 Liberty Coach.

We live in the bus full time. You're at the right place to ask questions prior to your purchase..... we love helping other people spend their money

Good luck.... and yeah, you did pick one of the best spots to settle down!

sawdust_128 Guest

Welcome aboard.

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

Gary & Karen, welcome to POG. E.J. and I remember visiting with you guys in Oklahoma City. It's great to have you on board!

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas

Welcome to POG. we always have room for intelegent free advise. Now's the best time to purchase a Prevost. From here forward in time, they will start getting more expensive again.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Thumbs up Questions about bringing back a XL2 marathon

Thanks to all that replied and gave us a warm Welcome.

We have set our sites on a 2002 Marathon XL2-40 and are negociating as we speak. The bus has not been used much (60K) in the last nine years, and has no records available but looks like it is in need of all it's maintenance. If we put the deal togeather I intend to have all maintenance done professionally. Can anyone give me places that can do this work well in the Phoenix area? I will need at the very minimum:
    1. Michelin tires
    2. complete detroit engine hoses, belts, fluids and filters
    3. prevost chassis inspection and most likely frt busings, misc air system & brake parts.
    4. All new battieries (house/chassis/genny)
    5. Paint and stainless conditioning (cut and buff)
    6. Dash GPS updating
    7. some lite upolstery updating

I intend to take it to S.california Marathon facility for some Converter work. Anyone have experience with them?

I have been told that there is a member by the name of Dale in this group that can talk adn maybe provide financing if I find the need. Can I here from you please.

Thanks all.