Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Holiday Trip

Michael
    I would be great to meet up with you and share a meal and well I don't want to say it. Our meetings are in Alpharetta so thats closer to you the Altlanta. Our meetings are Jan. 28 -29 -30.

Smile Driving in Snow

Having lived in Denver area for some years, and managing the Railroad Operations for UPRR for my last 10 years, our common bit of advice was and still is, remember, 4 wheel drive will git ya goin faster and easier, but it just don't get ya stopped any faster...my thoughts, slow and easy don't let the crazies that think they can do anything get you frustrated and you will do ok.

Default Snow Driven

Tuga: Just drive like you have an egg between your foot and the pedals. Do not to break the shell.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Larry,

Keep up us posted, we're only 20 miles from Alpharetta and if we're still here and not somewhere where it's warm, we can hook up with you and Michael. There's a good campground at Adairsville, I-75 and exit 306. That would put you about 38 miles west of Alpharetta.

Tuga,

If you are heading to Angel Fire via Cimmarron you shouldn't have to worry too much. There is only one small hill to get into the valley and over to Angel Fire. They do a pretty good job of keeping the roads clear. The only problem I have encountered on this road is at the hill in the early morning when the sun isn't out and there is the potential for snow and ice in the shade. It will not be any problem in your Pilot. We used to make this drive every winter in two wheel drive cars.

Loc

Loc - 2008 Marathon XLII - Houston

Quote Originally Posted by truk4u View Post
    Larry,

Keep up us posted, we're only 20 miles from Alpharetta and if we're still here and not somewhere where it's warm, we can hook up with you and Michael. There's a good campground at Adairsville, I-75 and exit 306. That would put you about 38 miles west of Alpharetta.
    Tom - it would be great to have a micro-mini POG rally when Larry is in town! Maybe Towson Ensberg (part-time rock star, full time good guy, and fellow POGger) would even put in an appearance!

We've actually stayed at the RV park in Adairsville and, while nothing fancy, it's certainly more than adequate: Harvest Moon RV Park - Adairsville, GA

I also found an interesting family run RV park in Cumming, GA (closer to Alpharetta) that seems nice: Twin Lakes RV Park - Cumming, GA The founder of Twin Lakes (the father of the gentlemen who currently run/manage it) is a Prevost owner!

Quote Originally Posted by Loc View Post
    Tuga,

If you are heading to Angel Fire via Cimmarron you shouldn't have to worry too much. There is only one small hill to get into the valley and over to Angel Fire. They do a pretty good job of keeping the roads clear. The only problem I have encountered on this road is at the hill in the early morning when the sun isn't out and there is the potential for snow and ice in the shade. It will not be any problem in your Pilot. We used to make this drive every winter in two wheel drive cars.

Loc
    Loc,

I am actually not going thru Cimarron, we have to pick up Karen's children in Albuquerque then drive to Angel Fire. We will be traveling on 285 out of Santa Fe, then on 68 to around Taos, and then on 64 to Angel Fire.

Have you ever traveled that route?
    Last edited by merle&louise; 12-17-2009 at 09:22 AM.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Tuga
    No I didn't. I bought something off Ebay but is was not the same thing. The seller took it back, because he didn't know how it worked either.
    GregM

Michael & Tom
    It would be great to meet. We can arrive in GA a day or so early or stay a day or two. Let us know if you get something worked out.
    Merry Christmas

jimmie johnson Guest

Keep us posted on your plans as we may be able to make a trip to the Atlanta area to meet some fellow POG ers.