Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas Holiday Trip

Smile Christmas Holiday Trip

I thought I would start a thread on what everyone is doing during the Holidays. Traveling in your bus or whatever.
    We have plans to meet with Ray & Kathy Davis, Mike and Jean Simmons and hopefully others the 28th to the first of the year at Buelltin, California. Great wine country (see movie: Sideways), Solvang shopping, food and pasteries, Antique shops, etc.
    Happy Holidays
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Default Mission, TX

Gary De; Peg and I are heading out the day before Christmas and traveling down to South Texas, in the Donna or Mission area for the week of the Holiday. Not sure where we will end up till we get there.

We hope to hook up with Scott Truss and Linda from Canada, as well as our running buddies, Kevin & Sheila Ford, for some Holiday Cheer.

Hope everybody has a great Holiday where ever your travels take you? !

Gary S.

Default Lake Havasu

We will be in LHC from Christmas Eve through the New Year! Visiting with friends old and new.

Merry Christmas to all our POG pals!

We are currently in Maryland visiting Ann's brother. Moving this weekend to Virgina to see our son, Daughter in law and brand new grand baby (our 1st).
    Will be there until New Years day, then back to Florida.

Happy Holidays to all!!!

Heading to Pigeon Forge, TN for the holidays.

Loc - 2008 Marathon XLII - Houston

We are going to Angel Fire, NM for a Xmas snow skiing trip. We are driving in the Honda Pilot and leaving the Newell at home. This is our first driving trip in snow, so we are a little apprehensive. I'm not ready for driving the coach in snowy conditions.

My Pilot has 4 AWD with regular street tires. I was planning to buy some snow "cable" chains for the front tires only (recommended by Honda).

Does anyone with any snow driving experience think that we need the snow chains? One fellow recommended that I buy snow tires instead of snow cable chains. I'm a little confused. Any advice would be welcomed!
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Default Snow

We have been to the Lake Tahoe Oregon Utah area about 15 times around Christmas and have always rented a 4 wheel drive and have never used chains. Normally they keep the roads clear going to Ski resorts as they do not want to miss out on your money! Good luck, Dan & Jo
    Danss 1999 Vogue, 03 Chev. Trailblazer

sawdust_128 Guest

Just returned from our Christmas present to ourselves, the Big Island for a week. Now preparing for the up comming weekend with family. We will retreat to the outer banks for a week leaving on or about Christmas day.

Tuga, I don't really think you will need chains, but it would be safer to have a set and not need them, to need them and not have them.

If you buy a set of chains, be sure you understand about putting them on your tires and properly. They can sure tear something up, if they are not installed correctly.

And in my opinion, if you really needed chains, you probably wouldn't want to be driving in the first place. CHAINS are really for emergency only, especially when your on a ski vacation trip.

Gary S.

Tuga: Best all around choice is combination all weather tires on all fours. Hitting the brakes and speed too fast for conditions get you in the most trouble. Carry blankets and provisions with a full tank of fuel. If a storm hits seek shelter off the hyway. Use common sense and you'll do ok.
    Have a Merry Christmas.
    Harry

Shirley & Harry / 2000 Liberty / 2008 GMC Envoy Denali