Thread: Getting dirty in Huntville

Default Getting dirty in Huntville

We arrived here in Huntsville Tennessee last Wednesday and parked the bus in front of Eric and Deb Faries bus barn. We had spent the previous two weeks having the front of the bus painted at Xtreme Paint and Graphic in TX. And having my desk top replaced at Russell Coachworks in Knoxville. both did an outstanding job and we are very pleased with the results. After a wonderful Thanksgiving with the Faires family Joe flew in from Chicago and we spent the next four days working on our bus. We replaced the front airbags with the new Mae West bags and increased the aux air pressure after fixing several leaks in the front man now rockets the road height. We replaced all the rear shocks and ride height valves and installed the digital era gauge Tom illustrated earlier. After a Celtic concert tomorrow in Maryville we start heading to New Orleans and then to FL for the winter.

Thank you Eric and Deb for your wonderful hospitality and the use of your bus barn.

Wow, can I join you guys? Seems like you get a LOT of stuff done!

Lloyd & Pamela,

Give us a call when you get into New Orleans; we'll do lunch! (I really like saying that). Maybe we can get Dan and Jo to come down from Mississippi and we'll stick Dan with the check (I'm thinking Commander's Palace). He's loaded!
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Sounds like you guys had a great time while getting a lot accomplished.

Man, am I jealous!!!

Default Check

Tuga, with 5 kids I have been stuck with the check so many times I just thought that was the way it should be. Would like to get together anytime. Lolyd if you pass on I-10 about 50 miles east of New Orleans I do have a 50 amp hookup about 100 yards from I-10 you are welcome to use. Give me a call at 228-216-3706
    Dan
    Danss 1999 Vogue, 03 Chev. Trailblazer

Man, Would you guys mind signing on with Prevost Nashville next time I take my bus in? It would take them a week to accomplish what you all did.

Maybe we can have a 1 month a year repair rally where we all converge on one poor soul and repair all our buses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who has the biggest shop?????????

Ray, Joe and I did all the air bags last year in under 12 hours. This time we also lengthen all the by-pass breather lines, adjusted the air regulator, got the auto leveling system working for the first time, since we owned the bus, fixed all the leaks to cure the leans, replaced the rear 3 and 5 port Norgren valves, greased all the fittings, installed new brake diaphragms on tag and steer, and adjusted the brakes. Joe does all the skilled labor and I do all the unskilled labor. Eric was also here and helped whenever we needed an extra hand. It makes for a good team.

Tuga we will definitely give you a call, there are few place as good as New Orleans for a great meal. We will be in New Orleans for at least a week.

Paul we have a wonderful time. Eric and Deb are the best hosts. We rode the Kawasaki Mule out the Covered Bridge Road, Thanksgiving dinner twice, Pamela and Deb went to Cumberland Falls to see a moon bow (look for photos on our travel blog soon), had a living room jam fest two nights (Jay is an outstanding musician), did Pilates two morning with Deb leading, Saw the Christmas lights in the gazebo park, walked around town.

Dan we would never think of sticking you with the bill and we may take you up on the hook up since we will be heading east on 10 to see Dale and Paulette and then on to Valdosta for Christmas with my family.

Charles if we all got together we would probably talk to much and work too little. But it is a good idea, we would be in for that.

sawdust_128 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by charlesebrownjr View Post
    Man, Would you guys mind signing on with Prevost Nashville next time I take my bus in? It would take them a week to accomplish what you all did.

Maybe we can have a 1 month a year repair rally where we all converge on one poor soul and repair all our buses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who has the biggest shop?????????

I don't think I have been to a POG event where at least something wasn't fixed. When I first met Will & Carol Garner, I was near their home. They came to visit and Will and I talked through a bunch of issues. Point being, even two POGers make a repair rally.

Put two POGers together and 2 things are going to happen.

1. Something will get fixed good.
    2. Something good will get eaten. Without fail.