Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Road side ER service

Default Road side ER service

Does anyone have any experience with emergency road side service. I am looking into Coach Net? Thank's W

Willis,

I have used the Camping World Insurance several times over the years and have been more than satisfied with the service.

John
    John Knollmaier
    Still Dreaming!

Willis,

I have had Coach-Net for almost 10 years. I have had to call them 4 times. 3 times they had to send a wrecker (blown engine, transmission speed sensor and DDEC issue with tows of 135 miles, 50 miles and 85 miles). They have knowledgeable technicians that try to help you troubleshoot any problems before calling for help. They have not given me any issues about taking the bus to the appropriate repair facility even though they are paying for the tow mileage. They recognize a bus is a different from a motorhome and listen to what you say. I highly recommend them!!!

Loc

Loc - 2008 Marathon XLII - Houston

Willis, I have road side assistance through my insurance policy. National Interstate is the insurer and Explorer is the agent. Under the policy, I call for roadside assistance myself. In other words, if I need a tire guy, I call the closest one that I have talked to and feel good about, not some outfit that just happens to have a contract with Coachnet, Good Sam or some other go between company. I feel like I am better qualified to know what I need rather than someone a thousand miles away that is going to get me fixed up for as few dollars as possible. I just pay the service company and fax the invoice to National Interstate.
    The last time I needed help it was for a wrecker. The bill was around $1500. I called National Interstate to get approval to send them the invoice for the tow and the girl ask me if there were any other expenses related to the breakdown. Just the tow I said. She ask me if we stayed in a hotel and for how many nights and they paid that bill also. I much prefer being in control of any emergency situation. I can't even imagine sitting on the side of the highway, broken down and having to depend on someone else to send assistance. Get a roadside assistance policy that you have control over. You can't do better than Explorer for that kind of coverage.

Has anyone tried or thought about Prevost Road PASS?

See http://www.myactionservice.com/Engli...st_service.asp

We currently have Coach Net but are thinking about Road PASS when we renew.

Thanks for the information..is there any reason in particular that you are thinking of switching? W

Willis, Ted's comments are right on the mark. We had AAA for many years with good service for car problems. It's a whole different ball game with the bus. The main trouble with AAA was unless you are very pushy, they choose the roadside service that is closest to your location. On more than one occasion I had to insist on talking to the repair facility only to find they were not qualified. You need to be in charge. You have excellent resources on who is best to call. Starting with Prevost Action Service (800) 463-7738 and including internet resources such as: http://www.truckdown.com/momex/NavCode/home , http://www.detroitdiesel.com/support...k/default.aspx, and http://www.transportationsoftware.co...-locations.cfm. POG is of course another quick resource for on the road breakdowns.

Like Ted, we use National Interstate through Explorer. Their rates are the best and their service is very flexible.

We were thinking on going with Prevost Road PASS because they are familiar with Prevosts.

We've never had to call Coach Net but years ago we had to deal with the Good Sam Emergency Road Service and were not satisified. We were thinking that the Prevost Road PASS service would have a better understanding of whatever the problems were with the bus and would be in a better position to help/recommend solutions.

Brian, James and Ted, thank you for all the info and web site info. Since I have a 99 it makes sense to find a service specific for Prevost. Thank you again. W

If you go with Prevost PASS let us know your experience with them.