Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Why to have your top end looked at!

Smart man that William Douglas. Do not go gentle into that good night, Rage rage against the dying of the light!!!!!!!!!!!

I tried turning over a 8v92 like Kevin said with the starter. I the engine started almost imediately, Front key off and back switch also in the off position. Is this technique 60 series specific?
    GregM

Question

Greg, I had tried mine and found that the engine does not turn over unless the toggle switch is flipped to rear start, thus causing the bus to start immediately upon depressing the start button.
    I didn't comment on that as I thought I had something different.
    We'll see how others respond to the question.
    Maybe it's an XLII thing?
    Maybe Kevin changed his circuitry?
    In theory it would be possible, but mine as wired by Prevost does not!

JIM

I have to admit, I soke first and then I did my test. I was wrong, the bus will start when you have everything on to crank the motor over. I think for me the best thing is to start the bus every 2 or 3 weeks if it is going to sit, I just make sure it gets to at least 190 water temp before I shut it off.
    Sorry for the bad info!

Quote Originally Posted by JIM CHALOUPKA View Post
    Greg, I had tried mine and found that the engine does not turn over unless the toggle switch is flipped to rear start, thus causing the bus to start immediately upon depressing the start button.

JIM
    Same here.

The engine actually turns pretty easily (S-60) by using a 3/4 drive socket on the nut holding the accessory drive pulley located on the LH side of the engine (as we face it).

If you want the engine to spin but not start trip CB #19,20.21 (you need to verify this because I am going by memory). Those breakers are the DDEC breakers and the engine will not run unless DDEC is powered up.