Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Slide vs No-Slide

Loc:

The two slide Vantare got hungry and decided to eat some dollars..no secrets out there is there? What started out as a little lipstick change has evolved into a minor face lift.
    Granvil Tracy
    2000 Vantare XLV45, S-2

Hey Gran, I saw your bus in person and it looked like 3 cans of silly puddy went off above your dash! Gee, hope they know were all those wires go.
    I know someone with a great picture you can use as the "before'"

Red face Non Slide preference

Hello,
    I have owned 2 Monaco Sigs with slides, and 2 Vantare's without, It was a mindset at first to go to the non slide. You need to decide what is important and how you are going to use your coach, and then finding the layout that works for you.

Our current Vantare has a very OPEN plan that works well for us. it can be seen at http://blog.northernjetsales.com/?page_id=651

The thing we dislike about most slide coaches is that when the slides are in and traveling there is restricted access to some places you need access to. Some of the slides take up much of the aisle space making it difficult to move from front to rear of the coach.

I almost made the mistake of purchasing a 4 slide Travel Supreme until i had the dealer bring all 4 slides in and then try to walk through the coach. It was not an easy task, and imagine trying to get to the potty with the coach moving down the highway at 70mph.

Almost all with a rear slide require climbing over the bed with the slide in.

Slides are nice when you are in a park, and if you are living in the coach. if you mainly use the coach for travel, then my vote is for a non-slide.

My last coach was a 04 bluebird and I had plenty of issues with the slides there were 2 and I never knew if they would go out or come in. My fist coach was a new dynamax 2 slide never a problem. I have one slide and a prevost slide is made like nothing else I have ever seen. That being said I have one slide. That works well for us I have 2 teenage boys and the space is great when we get parked. The layout does not prevent us or hinder us when under way. We like the north south bed as well. Once the kids are gone no slides may be very appealing. For all the reasons of one less to go wrong.However with the quality I am experiencing with prevost I may not be scared on my next one.

That's what it comes down to with me - if you travel with kids, you need a slide.

I have 3 girls and the wife. we do a bunch of driving, west coast to east coast with no slides! I think it was just said, if it goes out and gives you room, it comes in and takes it away. We only stay in one spot maybe 4 days so we are on the move, with some driving days of 700 miles +. The girls are up moving around, watching TV or playing games. Our non slide bunk coach is just the thing for us, but it could change. I feel like when the girls are out of the house and we are still into the bus thing, I could see a non slide H in my future!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Erion View Post
    I could see a non slide H in my future!
    Kevin,

I totally agree with having a non slide bus, however I was wondering why an H versus an XLII?

I have awaken from my cave,landslide? oh bus slide you say! I have had 2 and 4 slides ,currently 2 slides on our 2005 H3-45 Liberty, for years I drooled at those slides on prevost coaches the fit , the look and although i knew they were not trouble free I knew someday I would own one well If money were no object I would own a new 3 slide! When traveling there is more room with the 2 slides than on our old Essex 4 slide we like the extra room it gives for those times you entertain in your coach and the dog likes it too!

James, Due to my extreme illness, I think an H would be a little easier to live with! Maybe I am wrong but the H feels like it has a little more room on the inside also.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Erion View Post
    James, Due to my extreme illness, I think an H would be a little easier to live with! Maybe I am wrong but the H feels like it has a little more room on the inside also.
    Thanks, we'll have to take another look although Kris would be hard to convince. She actually wants to get an XL. She loves the rivets.