As you may or may not know, one division of our company leases to entertainers and our fleet is made up of Prevost XLII. We have slide and non-slide units. Here is my brief thought on the issue. As many have said, if you are going to be in a location for an extended period of time, it is great to have slides. You obviously get more room, etc. If all you are doing, like many others have said, is running the highways to get to a destination and not be on the coach full time, a slide may not be the best choice for you. It really comes down to personal choice. Keep these things in mind: how many will be on your coach? Is it just you and your spouse? Will you use the coach for entertaining? Are you using it full time? Just a few thoughts.

Regarding function and maintenance of a slide: I would not purchase a coach that does not have factory slides from Prevost. Personally, I will not run a coach that have third-party slides. Like Jon has mentioned, it is a little nervous thought to have a whole cut in the side of the coach! Who better to do it than a company who has an engineering and design team that knows their product inside and out. I for sure would only go with a coach with Prevost slides!

Our coaches run 80,000 + miles a year. We have not had any problems, issues or concerns with our slides.

I hope you find this information beneficial!

Rob Russell
www.russellcoach.com