Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is this an aux air problem?

The just I get from this form and others is; If you ever do get all your air leaks stop, don’t plan on it lasting…
    Chuck
    Chuck & Katrina
    2000 Featherlite
    H3-45 Double slide
    2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel

Chuck Pat if he, you, just gets a tag axle logic instalation that combined with the void of any essential aux air accessories on the house side on your conversion even if u can't keep aux air up it won't matter. Only run the aux air compressor just before start up for the belts.

And Pat full timing like u do makes it even harder to get more airtight. A nice quiet garage makes a way better environment for this task. U will need dead calm out in the country or the ultrasonic pick up wind and wind also blows away bubbles and champagne bubbles r not allowed to icubate and expose the very small leaks.

Let's say u r going down on 1 corner an 1/8 to 1/4 in over 24 hr. In a week that's a observable lean but a tiny leak. That's a very small leak that only if soaped up good and directly over hrs of time will develop very small mound of tiny bubbles " the champagne leaks" . u would be lucky to find that with a breeze blowing away and drying out the dousing and then other normally occuring sounds.

Get the 3 corners of the suspension air tight and install tag axle logic then just do the best u can with aux air leaks.
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 02-21-2022 at 10:14 PM.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

Chuck u do a great job with yours. When u r fueling ask around, ask driver's how much air their rigs hold and for how long. It will make u proud. Very very very few r buttoned up tight all around. This crowd goes way beyond the average companies and operators with safety and preventive maintenance with way more complicated rigs, in my opinion.

My Pete is far from perfect. I drop 1.5 lb per hr . if I shut down at 125psi when I wake I'm still north of 100 and I think that's pretty good. And it is good. I constantly sweep it and get nothing. But I keep doing it. That's the way it is. They don't need to be perfect just close is fine.

If this same loss was under the scrutiny of the dot. They would conuct a 10 min test. Well in only 10 min it's barely going to move the needles at the current rate of loss they will conclude it's almost perfect in A+ territory and on the other hand if leaking way worse I would be legally allowed to loose up to but not to exceed 1 lb PER MINUTE and pass the test be allowed to continue on.

They would require u release the emergency brakes and depress the brake pedal with your foot and hold it during those 10 min.

Every one of u should be doing this same thing at the close of every day traveled. Not 10 minutes but shut down put wheel chocks release the parking brake bus off and walk around back. Emergency air leaks start slow and small u will never here it driver's seat bus running but the first day a slight leak begins u will catch it with this habbit. Then if quiet go step on the brake pedal and hold it and listen. Bam emergency air test followed by service air test. U would never go down the road with a brake system air leak without spotting it very very early on when it still can be conveniently managed and repaired safely if u do this.

And quit loosen sleep when they r damn good like most of u guys r.
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 02-21-2022 at 10:57 PM.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

Chuck, what does that mean someday when i get bored? I think you mean when you get to that item on your list?
    Mike Giboney
    1992 Prevost Country Coach

You make a good point Mike
    Chuck
    Chuck & Katrina
    2000 Featherlite
    H3-45 Double slide
    2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel

Very good point Mr Joe. Time escapes me too, was just notified yesterday we are moving to the dreaded 7day/12 hour schedule starting today.
    Have a great day everyone