Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TracStar SV-360

jelmore Guest

Orren, when we upgraded our TVs to HD, we switched from Direct TV to Dish. The coax in our coach is mostly RG6 so signal loss hasn't been a factor. I just used an ordinary connector.

Some more details: The original receiver was in a curbside cabinet. The cable ran direct from the satellite dish to the receiver and then from the receiver to the switch box for distribution to all TVs. When I relocated the receiver to the front overhead cabinet, I just connected the cables in the curbside cabinet with an ordinary connector and what previously ran to the switch box is now connected directly to the receiver. The front TV also gets a regular antenna feed without going through the switch box. The switch box now is only used to feed the lower TV either a standard definition satellite signal via coax from the receiver or, from an A/B switch, regular antenna TV or cable. I replaced the bulky front VCR with the thin 211 HD Dish receiver and a very thin DVD player without any cabinet modifications. The front TV only has one HDMI port, so I used an auto-sensing switch to feed the satellite and DVD player signals. The rear TV has its own HD receiver fed by RF2 on the satellite dish and also gets a regular antenna feed. The only splitter in the system is for the regular antenna signal and I used the higher frequency splitter. The regular antenna HD signals are stunning on all TVs.

Orren Zook Guest

Here's an info update on the Tracstar SV-360, in case any are still following this thread. There is an add on piece of hardware (available from Tracstar) called the "110 Adapter" that will allow HD reception with DirecTV. This adapter is only required to receive HDTV signals from DirecTV, with Dish HDTV programming can be received via the SV-360 with no modifications as long as you are a subscriber.

Default "I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken."

Orren, I don't think the "Adapter" is actually available to the public yet? Maybe in the future? But I could be wrong.

"I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken."

The problem with the TracStar 360 and the HD signal, is DirectTV sent their HD satellite into a lower orbit, so this dish can not find the HD signal from Direct TV. The Dish HD network works great on the TracStar 360 from what I am told.

Gary S.

Quote Originally Posted by Orren Zook View Post
    Here's an info update on the Tracstar SV-360, in case any are still following this thread. There is an add on piece of hardware (available from Tracstar) called the "110 Adapter" that will allow HD reception with DirecTV. This adapter is only required to receive HDTV signals from DirecTV, with Dish HDTV programming can be received via the SV-360 with no modifications as long as you are a subscriber.
    Orren,

Thanks for that bit of info on the "110 Adapter". I will look into it when I get home in Jan. It might just solve my problem.

Orren Zook Guest

Gary, I got that information from the Cobham SATCO/Tracstar web site today while looking for something else: http://www.mytracstar.com/esupport/i...wnloaditemid=2
    Last edited by Orren Zook; 12-17-2009 at 10:25 PM.

Orren, I sit corrected. When I called my satellite dish provider, they were not aware of a product for sale yet, ONLY rumors.. I guess they were wrong, and as I said, I was too .

3.3.9.1.1 The “110 Adapter”
    Satellite programming of standard and high definition channels will be
    received by the TracStar SV-360HD system. Viewing of all programs from
    the “101/119” satellite pair is accomplished with your existing SV-360
    hardware. As stated, DirecTV has added High Definition programming to
    satellite “110hd” which requires additional hardware within the SV360 for
    viewing those specific high definition channels. This specific hardware is
    known as the “110 Adapter” and is available to upgrade your SV-360HD,
    hence, accommodating the full spectrum of DirecTV HDTV channels. The
    110 Adapter unit is not required for HDTV reception from any other provider.
    The SV-360 antenna comes in multiple HDTV configurations:

Orren, if you know where to purchase one of these adapters, please pass the information on to us all. Many of us could use one in our buss's.

Gary S.

Orren Zook Guest

I spent about 20 minutes on the phone this morning with TracStar regarding the 110 Adapter. They have discontinued selling this unit because DirecTV is moving all of their HD programming to a satellite at 119 and the 110 Adapter will soon be obsolete. This adapter was only required to get the DirecTV HD programming on satellite 110. Subscribers of Dish Network can receive HD programming using the SV360 without any modification, but those of us using DirecTV as our satellite provider are out of luck.

Default Latest HD Info on Satelite

We spent the weekend in the Lake Livingston, TX area camping, and had some time to work on some minor issues or problems.

One of the best Issues I got solved was receiving HD programming on my satellite dish.

I recently switched my satelite service provider from DirectTV to Dish Network and am so happy that I did.

I now recieve all 3 satellites 110/119/129 into the bus and get full HD programs on the 129 satellite. This was done by folllowing the setup guidlelines provided to me by the Tracstar 360 Satellite people.

I attached the directions for those of you with Dish and the newer Tracstar 360 if you want to get the HD programming in your camper.

The cooking channel is excellent in HD.

I found out today that TracStar is updating their software. In a couple of weeks if you give them a call ( 407 650-9054 ) they will send you the update box. You just plug it in to your TracStar system and it will download the new software. Then you send the box back to them and you're done!
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Andre, Looks like you have gotten some good direction as to the source to get the TracStar 360. All the research that I have done points to the TracStar as being the most trouble free and easy to work on and operate (no hooking up laptops to it to troubleshoot). To clarify further on the HD vs SD, there currently is not a dome, in motion or otherwise that supports Direct TV HD. The only way to get DTV-HD is with a tilt up dish ie: motosat etc. much like are discussed in post #4 and #6. Dish network does have in motion HD and several in motion domes that support it. Since I have Direct TV I can't comment on Dish.