Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TracStar SV-360

Default TracStar SV-360

I am thinking about upgrading my old KVH to the TracStar SV-360.
    I have not found many places on line that sell it. Does anyone have good source / price for this unit?
    Also, I am still trying to determine for sure if it supports Direct TV HD. Is anyone using the TracStar SV-360 that could provide 1st hand knowledge / comments?

I have read some of the older post and am not sure I understand the best way to get In Motion Direct TV HD.

Thanks

dreamchasers Guest

Andre,

I have the SV 360 and to my knowledge, it does not support HD TV. I am a Directv customer. The system has worked trouble free for me. At times, I will get a "scan error" and have to reset the power to the system. I think this is mostly due to the fact that the antenna can not see the satellites.

Once the system is setup, it operates with little input from the user.

I am satisfied the the system. However, perhaps others with more knowledge can comment on the HD capabilities.

Hector

Andre, I too have the Tracstar SV-360 unit and NO it does not support the HD signal. It supports the Digital Broadcast Signal to your HD TV's but NOT HD, partly because the dish is not the Eliptical shape.

I get HD to my TV's via my Off-Air Roof antenae, or electric rabbit ears if you will, and use the Satelite for Digital quality Direct TV.

I believe Dish TV is the only carrier that can give you HD TV thru a Satelite Dish, but don't remember whose dish you need?

Check out this website then call them to get better answers, http://www.satellitesinmotion.com/1.html?sm=57463 I spoke with Debbie for my install.

Gary S.

Thumbs up Motosat

Andre, Don't know if in-motion is desired but we installed a non-in-motion Motosat HD antenna recently and it works great. So far it has ALWAYS found the Direct TV satellites. If we've traveled over 500 miles or so it sometimes takes 10-15 minutes, otherwise less than 5 minutes. http://www.motosat.com/web/products/tv_hd.html

Andre, I have contacted Tracstar in Orlando on many occassions and their service and assistance have been great. Call 407-650-9054 and request JIM. They will answer the questions honestly and I have found their prices to be fair. As a matter of fact, I had an in-motion satelite antenna that went bad. They provided a $2500 set up at no cost because they felt the antenna should not have failed. It was not under warranty. In addition, they have provided the printed exact process for trouble shooting the system in off hours should it ever be needed.

The Satelites in motion people are very sharp as Gary stated in his e-mail. They installed two separate receivers in our coach.

Hope this helps.

Reagan
    Pres

Andre, Like Brian, we have the MOTOSAT HD for stationary HD reception on Direct TV and an older KVH inmotion for SD use while traveling. A/B switches allow us to select which dish to feed to each sat box for stationary or inmotion use. Works great and we end up with a back up system.

Orren Zook Guest

I, too, have had good luck with the TracStar SV360D, unfortunately isn't HD. I was at their Orlando facility a couple weeks ago for service - they replaced my 10 year old dual LNB (odd transponder channels went out but even ones were OK), dome (because it was discolored) and upgraded my software - all for only $150.
    A real plus with this unit is that the only wiring topside is the coax cable, all power and signals run in the RG-6 cable making installation and trouble shooting very easy. My coach has the receivers in a cabinet on the curbside of the coach so running an HDMI or s-video and audio cables to the TV's from there looks like it would be a major undertaking.

jelmore Guest

Orren, our receiver was in a curbside cabinet also. It had coax in from the dish and coax out to the front tv. I used a butt connector to join the cables together, placed the new, much smaller receiver into the front overhead cabinet and used an HDMI cable to connect to the HD TV.

Orren Zook Guest

Jim, are you using Direct TV or Dish Network? Did you just use a blue barrel connector to splice the line behind the radio Shack switch box or in the curbside cabinet? I've heard that even with the blue connector (3 GHz) there is some signal degradation, what was your experience with signal quality?

Quote Originally Posted by ajducote View Post
    I am thinking about upgrading my old KVH to the TracStar SV-360.
    Thanks
    Andre, we just had a Trac-star SY360 installed in our coach in Florida. Trac-Star Orlando recommended Will Newsom, Newsom Electronics. His contact number is 352-288-6000 and generally just calls himself "Newson" We are very pleased with the job he did for us.

Debi and Bob