Orren, when we upgraded our TVs to HD, we switched from Direct TV to Dish. The coax in our coach is mostly RG6 so signal loss hasn't been a factor. I just used an ordinary connector.

Some more details: The original receiver was in a curbside cabinet. The cable ran direct from the satellite dish to the receiver and then from the receiver to the switch box for distribution to all TVs. When I relocated the receiver to the front overhead cabinet, I just connected the cables in the curbside cabinet with an ordinary connector and what previously ran to the switch box is now connected directly to the receiver. The front TV also gets a regular antenna feed without going through the switch box. The switch box now is only used to feed the lower TV either a standard definition satellite signal via coax from the receiver or, from an A/B switch, regular antenna TV or cable. I replaced the bulky front VCR with the thin 211 HD Dish receiver and a very thin DVD player without any cabinet modifications. The front TV only has one HDMI port, so I used an auto-sensing switch to feed the satellite and DVD player signals. The rear TV has its own HD receiver fed by RF2 on the satellite dish and also gets a regular antenna feed. The only splitter in the system is for the regular antenna signal and I used the higher frequency splitter. The regular antenna HD signals are stunning on all TVs.