Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Journey One arrives in Florida!

Default Journey One arrives in Florida!

Once I heard that Vivian and her new-to-her bus would be making a stop in Melbourne, Florida (only an hour away from us), I couldn't pass up the opportunity to pay her a visit.

She was accompanied on her trip south from New Jersey by Joe C., who was still "coaching" her on the house systems when we arrived prior to her going solo.

According to all accounts, Viv piloted the bus south via the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel with complete ease..... a trip I make with a certain amount of trepidation!

When she's behind the wheel, or talking about her bus, she just can't help putting on a big smile.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Great news! Good to see both Joe and Viv in your pictures! Thanks for taking the time to drive out there.

Joe C. is a great guy! What a nice thing to do to help Viv out with the bus systems. There's nothing like hands on experience.

Joe C. is 100% in my book!
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

sawdust_128 Guest

Very Nice!!! Good Stuff There!!!

Thanks for the news.

GO Viv!!!!!!!

You are my CHAMP!

Nice Bus!!!!!!

Jamie
    2008 Millennium H3-45

2013 Chevy Avalanche

Viv, I am SO HAPPY for you! You have waited a long time for this ride, enjoy it! Thanks Joe, for helping her out. Like the personal touch on the front Viv

Debi and Bob too!

Thats pretty cool.

Default Congratulations

Congratulations Viv. I hope you find your Prevost everything you dreamed it will be.

..............Man, I miss Joe C...................
    Tony and Jenny Conder
    Abilene, Texas
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    2008 Marathon D/S XLII
    2017 RAM 1500 4x4

I would imagine that Joe did not do the Viv thing free and it's none of my business, but I got a strange call tonight that I hope is a misunderstanding!

I received a voice mail from a Lady named Caren (her spelling) who is a long time friend of Viv and she was somewhat distraught. She said no one can find Viv and the last time someone talked to her she was crying and did not understand the bus and had problems. She said that Italian Joe guy was suppose to repair her bus and he cut her short leaving early. She said Viv was very upset and didn't have the money for repairs.

I returned her call and got voice mail.

That's all I know, I'm just the messenger, but if anyone knows where Viv is, call this Caren at 321-752-6868.

From the photo it appears Viv's bus is an American Conversion. This is not American Carriage, but the converter that was previously located in Allen Michigan.

I was afraid this was going to happen because older coaches were not easy to live with compared to the conversions of today that are almost completely automatic in every respect. To add to Viv's problems it is likely she may have some systems or devices not functioning properly, or worse, the bus has been modified over the years and some understanding of how some devices such as the inverters were set up may be required. Learning special installations is not going to happen via posts on this site. It is going to be tough enough for someone with intimate knowledge of the American conversion to communicate advice.

If Viv is to get help the best place to start is if anyone has an American conversion they could be a big help in talking Viv through the systems. Absent that if any of the folks who posted here are in contact with Joe, please ask him to stick with Viv as long as necessary to help her out. He owes her that.

For those that are not familiar with older coaches let me tell you that despite having our first one for 15 years Di still had trouble understanding which circuits were DC, which were AC and how to get AC power to those that needed it. I cannot recount the number of times I forgot to turn a knob or press a button when I needed AC power at an outlet or device. Unless you have had a coach that required you to select the power source and unless you continually monitored things like battery voltages it was not long before things started going to hell. Right now Viv is in over her head and it is my opinion those who helped her realize her "dream" need to step up to the plate and get her out of her nightmare.