Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newby...

Welcome, Ron! We jumped in with both feet 2 years ago. We bought our first motorhome ever from a POG member. It is a 1992 model Prevost. We love it! It speaks volumes that we drive a 1992 Prevost that we bought from an unknown (to us at the time) POG member, and that we still enjoy hanging out with him at rallys today. He might not feel the same way because we asked him a zillion questions when we were new, but he still makes "Beagleritas" for us when we are together.

Prevost definitely makes a quality product. Definitely do your homework, ask your questions, look carefully. It is the best shopping trip you can take. (yes, Deb typed this message)

Deb, Eric, Jay Faires
    Huntsville, TN
    40' Angola XL

Southern Pines, NC (next door to Pinehurst)

Default Welcome!

Ron,

Welcome to POG. You need to lighten up on that anxiety I see in your post. Try the old Alfred E. Newman approach to your contemplation of Prevost ownership, "What, me worry?"

Carole and I never had a tent, camper or plastic coach before leaping forward to a Prevost. We were too old three years ago to go with a tent and have time for the natural progression to a pop up, then a trailer, to a camper, on to a plastic coach. To many rungs too little time left!

We enjoyed our hunt. Went from NC to FL, to MO, to MI and lots of places in between. Took almost two years. We also joined POG prior to starting the search so we would not be sheep being led to the slaughter house. Oh yeah, now that I'm thinking about sheep, you have to be careful around some of these POG members with ties to Acme Products Inc. They can really mess up a coach with all the sheep dip they shovel around!

Don't believe anything you read on the internet about "this pristine bus." Go look at it first hand. In fact, you might post before going to see if another POG member is in the local area. They may be able to help you look over and evaluate the bus and its systems. Just before putting down the dough, ask to live in it for about 3-4 days on site. Run all the systems even if you don't need heat in the summer or A/C in the winter. Make at least 24 hours dry camping and living of generator/inverter power. Do more than kick the tires, in fact get down and read the DOT "birth date." You don't want to buy a bus with "aged" tires. Being "aged" is fine with wine and scotch but not tires. Jon will likely be able to chip in his thoughts as to what should be checked in detail before making the big leap called committment.

Hope to meet you somewhere on down the road. BTW, Carole says a Prevost is the only way to travel. I agree!

Welcome Ron! Bought our Marathon as our first coach of any type with considerable input from the membership here and couldn't be happier with the outcome. Be sure and check in with Steve Bennett at California Coach and let him know what you are looking for. Steve is a POG sponsor and you won't find a better guy to do business with particularly as you learn your way around the Prevost.

Actually Ron you are going to find this is a small community that can help steer you once you start to settle on your requirements for a coach.

But only you can decide what you need in a coach. For example, do you want a private toilet or is an open bath your preference? Do you want a booth or table and chairs? Where are you going to use the coach and how will you use it? If you are going to be doing a lot of dry camping you want lots of battery power and holding tank and water capacity.

Is an outside entertainment center important to you or do you need storage space? All these questions and many more will lead you to certain converters and models of conversions. Will you be looking at an H3, an XL or an XLII? You need to decide your budget because it you have a number in mind that is going to eliminate or bring some conversions and model into the equation such as double slide coaches, or no slide coaches.

The fun begins.

Thumbs up

Welcome Ron and a few other new members that slipped in here when I wasn't paying attention.

Take advantage of the members, ask questions and participate in the forum.

This is a two way street. You only get out what you put in.

If you don't like what we are posting (topics) start your own!

Try everything on/in the forum, you can't break anything.

Fill in your user profile and signature.

JIM

Thumbs up

Thanks everyone for your warm greetings. I'm feeling better already :-) We are in no hurry so I'm here to look and learn... Again, thanks and I'm looking forward in a long relationship with the POG members.

Default Nwe as well

Hi Ron, I am also new to Prevost conversion and have a 99 Vantare H3-45 as of 3 months ago. Wow do I have a lot to learn. This site is a great place to learn from, be sure to comb the articles. The best help I have gotten is finding a good experienced conversion person to go over your coach and then spend a couple hours one-on-one. I highly recomend a guy in Largo Fl talked about on this site, Rick May. He did work at Parlament many years but now has his own business called Coach Worx. It sounds like with your experience you will catch on fast. Welcome to this fine site. W