Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Reverse Osmosis Installation

Jon,

Thanks for the nice words. We enjoyed working with you on getting your new refrigerator in. We are thankful for the opportunity to work with you! Regarding "I hope he can become our expert in-house POG maintenance advisor." I would love to answer any quesitons that any POG member may have about maintenance. I honestly only log on about once a week, but maybe if we could start a new section for Russell Coach Maintenance Questions or something like that, I will respond to the posts once a week. If someone needs an answer quicker and before I log on, I welcome telephone calls at my office. As you mentioned, I do have over 1,000,000 miles under my belt, and we pride ourselves in that our lease fleet are very well maintained!! I would love the opportunity to work with fellow POG members to set their coaches up on a maintenance program through Russell Coach. Of course, our other division of Russell Coach is building interiors, so if any re-do's or updates are in any POG member's future, we welcome you to Russell Coach!

Thanks again for bringing your coach to us for the refrigerator install. We enjoyed seeing you and working with you!

Rob Russell
    www.russellcoach.com
    865-525-3888

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post
    Now the rest of the story.

The dinette was stripped, the passenger seat was removed, the old refrigerator had its doors and shelves removed, a new windshield was ready to be installed and me and the bus went to Russell Coach where Rob Russell and our new refrigerator was awaiting me.

Out came the the old refrigerator. I usually like to work alone but it was clear from the moment four of us grappled with the refrigerator to take it out asking Rob and his crew to help was a wise decision.........

I would recommend Rob Russell and his crew to anyone that needs cabinet work, interior repairs or work, or maintenance work. Although his niche is entertainer coaches right now I can tell you that if you want to get a maintenance program set up for your coach he is the man to work with. I was not aware but in addition to the knowledge he has gained by having a fleet of Prevost coaches on the road rolling up 80,000 miles per year each, he also has 1,000,000 miles plus under his belt driving them. If anyone can tell us what items we need to maintain, replace or pay attention to, and when he is the man. I hope he can become our expert in-house POG maintenance advisor.

John,

For quite a few years I gave seminars on gravity separation on behalf of our customer. We made gravity separators such as grease traps, oil separators, solids interceptors, lint traps , etc. As a result I learned far more than I ever wanted to know about plumbing codes and why the provisions in some codes are there. It honestly drives me nuts to know our coaches are moving violations of any plumbing code in the country. But I also understand we have them built that way becaise sometimes a compromise is the best we can do. The RO installations calls for not only discharging to the waste system, but to have an air gap. So I compromised and I will drip clean water on the ground like AC condensate.

I agree I could return it to the tank, but it is so much easier the way I did it. If we need to conserve water we will bottle water ahead of time, fill the ice bucket, and turn off the supply to the RO, just like the old days.

To All POG members.....When Rob and I were participating in the great refrigerator swap, we were also swapping lies. Well not exactly. We were talking about maintenance schedules and what he experiences by running an average of 80,000 to 85,000 miles per year with his coaches and us motorhome folks who sometimes run 10% of that.

I will not steal his thunder except to say he should open a new thread under "Busted Knuckles" and just summarize when he replaces things that are time sensitive, such as air bags or brake chambers, and how often he does routine service such as oil changes and generator service.

For example, he does a full service on a generator every 100 hours except air filters which get replaced every 300 hours. He wants his customers to run them often and hard (load them up) and it is common for his generators to have 29,000 hours with no failures.

I think for those of us who are trying to create our own maintenance schedules we can learn a lot because his coaches rack up the miles and thus are predictors of where we need to focus our attention.

I think we collectively need to pick his brain.

When we have an on road failure we are inconvenienced. Now imagine the consequences of when one of his entertainer coaches ends up broke along side the road. It is a serious situation because he is impacting a show.

Jon,
    While I agree in principal about codes et al, truth is that Premier Systems makes a legal pump to re use the excess water devoured by the RO System. They have a pumping apparatus that puts the effluent back into the home hot water tank....dunno why the hot water but it obviously meets the UBC or they would not be advertising same. Putting water into the hot water system of the motorhome might be a different story as the demand is not high enough to warrant the additional 20-30 gallons per day...my best guess. Course, you also have to consider what 20 or so gallons of water each day are going to look like on the ground, that is unless you always park on the grass!

If we drink enough water and consume enough ice cubes to create the 20 or so gallons of waste water we will spill on the ground I will be peeing a lot also adding to the amount of water being recycled.

Jon,

Yes sir, I agree...hopefully that would be in a toilet