Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pro Driver Code??

Scott,

Thanks for the level headed intervention on my behalf - the Liberty guys are just flat out abusive sometimes....see boys, Marathon is the best coming from someone who knows them inside and out.

Hey Gordo,

What the hell is a Vorad? My Liberty ain't got one of them hickies, should I be concerned?

Jon - Is a Vorad like a Norgren Framulator?

Quote Originally Posted by parksincpp View Post
    To all of you specific brand conversion cheerleaders out there: I don't know about you but I'm just happy to own a Prevost anything.
    Well said, Scott! I'm with you!

sawdust_128 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post
    The battle of the buses has begun........

All must forgive Ted. That passing moment he had was from the euphoria of owning a fine coach such as the Liberty and trying to make everyone as happy as he is with his ride. I know it is hard for non-Liberty owners to understand, you just have to take my word for it. When you own a Liberty it will become very clear.

Oh please. The only thing being passed is gas from the Liberty Pimps wearing their hats and gloves.

See, Truk....if they don't have a Liberty they are just happy to have a Prevost conversion. They don't understand it until they are able to experience the Liberty conversion. They think all conversions are alike, and in a way, all except a Liberty are just Prevost conversions.

Excuse me while I pass a little gas and get my Greyhound uniform and cap on.

Quote Originally Posted by truk4u View Post
    Hey Gordo,

What the hell is a Vorad? My Liberty ain't got one of them hickies, should I be concerned?
    Truk,
    Yes, indeed you should.

Its no wonder Pixar makes such good movies with folks like Ray Davis working for them. Talking with Ray about the Pro-Driver codes as he has a lot of info on the PD. I had not been able to find a source for the USS Circuit Failure code nor had I been able to reconcile the Vorad and PD throwing fault codes simultaneously (including discussions with Marathon and Detroit).

Ray says "you sure that code isn't VSS circuit failure and not USS?" Well no, not sure. Then Ray points out the the PD has a trouble shoot for a VSS circuit failure code in which the PD also shows Idle data only on the screen. Well, I just noticed that I am also getting the Idle data only on my screen plus it is not recording mileage when it throws the code.

VSS stands for Vehicle Speed Sensor; thererfore as Ray and I discussed, it stands to reason that if it fails, the PD as well as my Vorad fail because they both need vehicle speed or mileage to work.

Now to the repair - I have started working through the connections from the PD backwards. Will see how that works out but if not successful, then the sensor itself may need to be replaced. At least we now have the source of the problem identified. PD needs to make the V look less like a U, and I need to be a little more open minded when troubleshooting. Thanks Ray.