Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pro Driver Code??

Default Pro Driver Code??

Yesterday fired up the bus and took it for an hour spin. Shut down at Home Depot and when started back up, noticed my Vorad Radar panel showed a fault light...well crap. Had power to the panel, but the radar wasn't working. About 5 minutes later, I noticed the Pro Driver showed "USS Circuit Fault." Pushed menu and the fault code went away.

When I pulled up in my barn and was ready to shut down, the check engine light came on. Shut down and re started. After the re-start, the Vorad worked fine again and no codes or check engine lights.

Any ideas? A short in the making somewhere? Can't find the code in my Pro Driver manual. The Pro Driver stored the two problems in it's menu. This was the first time I had driven the bus since changing out the radiator surge box hoses so I wonder if there was a signal from there buried in the system somehow? Given I also experienced the fault light on the Vorad system though I am thinking something else going on.
    Last edited by GDeen; 11-15-2009 at 03:15 PM. Reason: sp

Educate us.......is Vorad tied in to the bus at all, such as interfaced with the cruise control or brake application, or is it a stand alone system that only shares a power supply with the bus. And if all it shares is a power supply, is it a chassis or house power supply?

My suspicion is a ground issue, but let me be the first to tell you that intermittent problems will drive anyone to drink. You cannot diagnose them until they show up, and only a total check of the coach can find the cause (if you are lucky) when they are not active problems.

John,

The Vorad is powered by the chassis system, and as far as I know, stand alone. I have not chased it out yet, but that is my intent. Talked to Steve B. yesterday and he suspects loose ground also.

At this point, I am guessing it is wired to the circuit which may also include DDEC signals from the engine. If so, then maybe if I am smart enough, I can check that circuit out for loose ground.

Ordinarily an intermittent electrical problem is nasty to try to chase, but since the systems are independent it would appear as you suggest that they share a ground, and if that is the case it might be the source.

BTW, I would not wait too long to chase it down. DDEC gets a little cranky when its electrical supply is not the value it requires, and if it is in fact all of DDEC that is affected and not just a specific sensor related issue it could shut the bus down while you are driving.

I hear you Jon - not something I would look forward to having to deal with on a trip. Top of the list at this point.

Ran across the following post from LonesomeGeorge about his intermittant problems which has inspired me to check out all those connectors as well...

http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/...ighlight=short

Gordon, since you posted your problem with the ProDriver showing that code, I have spent many hours researching the issue. I'm sure you are familiar with the Blackberry handheld phones we all use these days, and the ability of these devices to "learn" the user. Well, turns out that the ProDriver has the same technology built in. It can in effect, get to know the user (bus driver) and their wishes and desires. The code being shown on your unit is the "I wish I had bought a Liberty code." Obviously, as you are driving that M brand coach, the ProDriver knows that you are sitting there thinking about trading up to a Liberty and starts helping you make the right decision.
    So there you have it. No need to thank me, you know I'm only trying to help a good friend get headed down the right track.

Quote Originally Posted by tdelorme View Post
    Gordon, since you posted your problem with the ProDriver showing that code, I have spent many hours researching the issue. I'm sure you are familiar with the Blackberry handheld phones we all use these days, and the ability of these devices to "learn" the user. Well, turns out that the ProDriver has the same technology built in. It can in effect, get to know the user (bus driver) and their wishes and desires. The code being shown on your unit is the "I wish I had bought a Liberty code." Obviously, as you are driving that M brand coach, the ProDriver knows that you are sitting there thinking about trading up to a Liberty and starts helping you make the right decision.
    So there you have it. No need to thank me, you know I'm only trying to help a good friend get headed down the right track.
    Ted, Ted, Ted - it is a "pro" driver, not a "fancy boy" driver, and as such doesn't comprehend the wierdness of purportedly masculine men craving ownership of such ostentatious machinery. Do you wear your Michael Jackson gloves while wheeling that thing down the road???

The battle of the buses has begun........

All must forgive Ted. That passing moment he had was from the euphoria of owning a fine coach such as the Liberty and trying to make everyone as happy as he is with his ride. I know it is hard for non-Liberty owners to understand, you just have to take my word for it. When you own a Liberty it will become very clear.

Well, OK, Gordon, then you better check out ground connections. And, you just flunked Party Animal.
    As far as the MJ gloves, Jon borrowed mine at OKC and hasn't returned them yet.

parksincpp Guest

To all of you specific brand conversion cheerleaders out there: I don't know about you but I'm just happy to own a Prevost anything.