Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post
I am not familiar with the KVH receiver and connections since I removed mine far enough back to have all memory of it fade like my nightime eyesight.

But I do know from experience that the cable TV connections can have a bad center contact. The butt connectors for example have a spring loaded center contact that is supposed to make good contact with the center wire on the cable TV connector. If that is loose it will drive you crazy because tightening and loosening the connection will restore the connection, only to have it fail again. That's the kind of simple stuff that will drive you and the techs absolutely nuts. If there is any doubt replace those connectors..
Know what you mean - the direct tv guy was nice enough to test all the coax connectors and they were fine. There are multiple plastic electronic connectors and ciruit boards under the hood. I am assuming that something worked loose when we were cleaning and painting the roof. You can see the dome moving from roof flex when moving around it.