Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Changing Wallpaper

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Stay clear of the pumps in Illinois too Jon, prices here in Chicago have been 3.15 to 3.35 ALL SUMMER. Ive been told that the additives they need to put in to meet clean air requirments is in much greater percentages in hotter temps, shortages in THESE ingredients contribute greatly to increased cost. So why is Chigago fuel consistantly more in the summer months than on the coasts? They need more of these ingredients here compared to elseware. Now why this is would be a good question for one of our other members.
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 08-29-2006 at 09:15 PM.

Jeff Bayley Guest

Default Fuel Issue

New member Jeff Bayley here. Regarding the fuel issue and eating parts, I just had a small on my generator fixed. It was the pump (the pump that is intergrated into the block and where the injectors go). The place that fixed it was a fuel shop in Las Vegas that specializes in rebuilding these type of pumps. The foreman there made mention about the change in the diesel chemistry as aforementioned and that because of this they were seeing a lot of seals in the pumps go bad (like mine). I asked him if I could expect to see any issues on the main engine and he said no. That the main engine was more robust and could take it. Didn't ask him specifically about any other parts, hoses, seals, etc that might be in the mix (in line) somewhere along the plumbing super highway.

I'm at Prevost in Mira Loma for a service appintment today (Thursday) and would like to have them check anything that anyone might suggest.

Jeff

Hi Jeff. You did not say what Year your Prevost is. Anyway, I was just down there several weeks ago and was impressed with their Shop. They actually had a guy washing the walls on a ladder. Anyway, Rubber is the # 1 maintenance issue with older coaches I believe as well as Filters. Depending on Age ,Hoses, Air Bags,&filters should be inspected. Also, Brake Pads.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide