Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Leaking Valve

Default Goyen

The diaphragm is leaking or the seat on the diaphragm is not sealing probably not a solenoid problem. Get the info off the brass valve and I can get you to the kit. Probably less than 10.00.

As an option you can quickly crack the valve open by removing the four cap bolts and clean the valve. A little junk can hang the valve and make it not seat tight. This appears to be a direct acting valve that opens and closes from the solenoid action., 10 min's if you have the part.

Goyen is a good company, I used thousands of a different style diaphragm valve on dust collectors I built over the years.

Mike,

I will pull the valve tomorrow, and see what the numbers are. The solenoid does seem to be working fine.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Dale
    what function does this valve do relating to the fresh water tank? Where do you see it dripping?
    GRegM

Default Valve

Great,
    I am close friends with the Goyen people. We can go direct to the source.

Like you say new valves are about $100, lower quality valves are $40.

http://www.thevalveshop.com/menu/auto/asco/8210.html you want the model 8210G15 if the valve is 1/2" NPT. Note: the solenoid voltage is important

I replaced mine that fills the tank, it was so crapped up I just tossed my valve.

I would try the cleaning it route first.

Inside the valve as mentioned is a diaphragm. What may not be clear there is a weep hole in the diaphragm, which is about the size of a pin-prick. If it's clogged, the valve won't work. If you are leaking, it could just mean you need to open it, clean it, and retighten the 4 bolts.

I agree with Mike and Ray; probably a piece of junk in there from your tank, even sand will gum the works in these little valves. Take it apart and clean it up with soapy water. This may be putting perfume on a pig but you can also install a Groco Inline Water Strainer up stream of the valve for about 12 bucks. Looks like a fuel strainer and has a little plastic cup filter arrangement that traps the sediment....see thru. You see junk, m t the strainer..............

John,

I plan to dissemble it today and look for any junk. I too, think there is a good possibility that something is just preventing it from sealing as it should.

I think I already have the strainer you are referring to. There is a devise with a clear screw-on cap in front of all these valves, and I assume that is a strainer of some kind. Are these strainers serviceable? Should/can they be cleaned as preventive maintenance.
    Dale & Paulette

Dale,

Just have a peek into the sight glass. Some are servicable, some you just replace, you will have to look at the kind installed. That too, wash out under a swift running faucet and you should be good to go!

I removed the valve and strainer. I cleaned the valve, put some vaseline on the gasket and reassembled it, and it still drips just like before. I see there is a perfectly round hole in the diaphragm (3rd picture) , so I assume that is what is causing the leak.

The strainer is just a cup with a round screen in it. I removed it and washed everything out and replaced it.

The only number on the valve is on the solenoid itself. It says Goyen 12BWJ2-CNBNA-62D7. The only writing on the brass valve body is Goyen and "DR". The outside of the valve body is 2 3/16" square, so I assume the valve is about 2 1/16".
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dale farley; 11-14-2009 at 11:17 PM.
    Dale & Paulette

That O Ring in the brass head, how's that look? Probably smart to change that out, everything else looks fine.