Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rock-N-Roll POG Rally

ken&ellen Guest

Default Rock-N-Roll POG Rally

Let us know if you would like Ellen & I to DJ at the POG rally. 3000 CD's from Classic rock to todays country.....sorry no Hip Hop or Rap. Maybe we could get Jon or Mango to do an Elvis impression. Lew could lead us in the Limbo Rock or maybe Jeff could show us version of the Chicken Dance?

Default Prevostman

Ken and Ellen, great idea!

I hate to stick up for the "chicken dance" man but (no kidding) he played with Bob Dylan and the Band in the 1960s.

lewpopp Guest

How did you find out about my Limbo experience. My part in the Witness Protection Program has just been blown. I discontinued my limbo several years ago when the weight of my wallet pulled me to the floor everytime I tried it.Now that my wallet is lighter, I may be able to watch. It would be a "rip" to see Jeff do the Chicken. He'll probably waltz to stage left.

ken&ellen Guest

Jim, Maybe we could get him to do a little Cripple Creek?....while he does the chicken dance. I too was in the business for over 30 years, but just the local scene...bars and clubs. Just sold my last set of drums. Ellen & I DJ weddings and the occasional Target grand opening........actually pays more than the band gigs. What a diverse group we have....fantastic!

I hope you have all those CD's on an IPOD or some such item. I was trying to get Jon to advance the idea of POG Rally #2 to be somewhere near the middle third of the country (somehow we started this on the other board) and depending on the first one, I think Branson or somewhere in the Ozarks in the fall could be fun and maybe some of the left coasters (Kevin) could branch out this way.

And if K&E will do the music, I have a 5 gallon ice cream freezer that Jon can crank.....

lewpopp Guest

What size rocks do you put in the ice cream freezer? The smaller, the softer the beat,huh.

I have some well ground oil field cement salt, so it works very well. And I have 1 1/2 HP to churn it up.

Here is the Rube Goldberg version..........
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Lets Design OUR rally

I have been communicating with Jim Skiff and Jeff Raymond about putting on a seminar to show the basics of our bus brakes and the Norgren valves.

Today I confirmed with Jim Skiff that I will bring some brake chambers and at least one Norgren valve that we can operate, disassemble, and generally talk about to take away the mystery about these things. I volunteered Mango as our in-house Webasto expert and hope he can share his knowledge of photosensors, coils and nozzles.

I know there may be other topics of interest, and there are others coming to the rally that can teach the rest of us something about our coaches.

Since this is our rally, here and now is the time and place to throw out some ideas for us to learn or discuss so we can get the most out of our buses. I know this is not a shy bunch so how about some ideas. Maybe Mango can show us how to polish our holes.

Crap, does that mean I finally have to learn how that damn thing works?

Just lie like I am going to.