Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How much fuel???

It's not how big the tank is, it's how much of what is in the tank that you use.

FWIW, those that have the fortitude to do the research, compare how much you spent for fuel over a period of time, and then compare that with the depreciation suffered over the same period of time. That will make $5.00 fuel look cheap by comparison.

Get out there and burn lots of fuel and have as much fun as you can while trying to wear out your coach. The more you use your coach the lower the cost per mile. And as a side note, Rob Russell who you all met in OKC has said that the best thing we can all do is run our coaches about 80,000 miles per year because our buses are built to run those miles and they perform best when they are run.

So no matter how big you fuel tank is, see how often you can fill it this year.

To illustrate Steve's comment re converter specific tank installations, I called Royale Phoenix to get the lowdown on Royale fuel capacity. Dan Jourdan at Royale told me that Royale coaches have an added 60 gallon tank mounted on the rear wall of the first bay. This has been standard since '83 or '84 and continued until the 2000 conversion (99 chassis). Hence late model Royale 40 footer's have a capacity of 250+60 and all 45's 208+60 unless otherwise customer ordered....

"Get out there and burn lots of fuel and have as much fun as you can while trying to wear out your coach."

Jon, I have offered this quote of yours along with the last one, to my wife, as well. Jon makes me do this, dear, we'll pay for it somehow.

I'm with Truk.......I have a hard time believing a converter, especially one who had a niche on the economic side of the spectrum would add another tank in addition to the standard tank and the optional 90 gallon one.

I have not always gotten accurate answers from "experts".

I would expect Royal to have ordered standard 40' fuel (160) if they were going to add their own tank. If their aux. tank is 60 gallons that would give a 40' Royal 220 gallons. It would be rare for a coach to have a Prevost aux. tank, and a second converter aux. tank. We sold a 45' XLII Thompson with standard Prevost fuel, that the owner had rigged up a removable extra tank that could be positioned in a storage bay. It was not installed when we sold the coach, but I believe it added 75 gallons or so of capacity. It was similar to what you see added to aircraft that are being ferried overseas.
    Steve & Rhonda Bennett
    Dana Point, CA
    92 Marathon XL40
    2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
    Owner: California Coach Company, LLC

Sheesh! A guy can't even make an honest mistake around here. Royale 40 footer= 160+60. I'm gonna send Truk my phone bill.

At what point did you think anyone on here was going to cut anyone else a little slack? This is not the web site for anyone with thin skin.

Now you know that sometimes people who profess to know stuff don't.

So I guess this is settled, you either have 160, 208, 250 or 298 unless you have a Royal...then it's up for grabs. The plastic shielded series 60's are 250, the plastic shielded 8V,s are 160, the plastic shielded XLV's have 208...that's all that really matters

Jon,

I think the Mole Man is spending wayyyyy too much time in the desert!
    I better check all my specs and numbers again....