Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marathon Boys, a Question for You.

What I was referring to is a maintainance manual......... A book that provides some form of tree diagram to troubleshoot and repair various components. I am quite certain that most of us have the basic schematics, users guides, etc., but, unfortunately they are very basic line drawings with much detail omitted. A parts manual that shows where each component is located and also lists the vendor and part number for each item is the second text that I have never seen associated with any conversion.

I understand completely about branded or salvage titles. I also am aware that most manufacturers of any motor vehicle do orphan a vehicle that has been deemed a total loss, however that is still no excuse for not having appropriate service manuals available to others besides the convertor or his designees. Twenty years ago it ws fairly common place to come across a vehicle with either a salvage title or one that had been washed by registering in different locations however today, what with CarFax and a dozen others, it is very difficult to hide a total loss vehicles.

BTW if it was silver/blu 2001, a little birdie told me one went thru the auction in Tuscon yesterday and sold for 17K!

John
    Last edited by flyu2there; 11-06-2009 at 12:38 PM.

flyu2there,
    We have had in each of our Marathons the item that you are asking about.
    Above and beyond the schematic, we also have had map so to speak of where FET boxes are and what they control, the Discreet boxe and attached keypad they talk to and the such.
    The Marathon is divided into Zones: labeled ceiling height, floor height and under belly in the book-like notebook. Each side, or corner or end of the coach is identified by a Letter indicating position in the Zone where a piece of equipment is located in each coach. None are the same. Now, to confound things tho, we have discoeverd the map of equipment is not truly correct. One of our FET boxes needed to reset and was identified as being in the curbside rear corner, ceiling hieght location------none found. turned out, it was in the opposite corner, roadside rear corne, celing hieght and so on.
    Last edited by Coloradobus; 11-06-2009 at 12:48 PM.
    Jim and Chris
    2001 Featherlite Vogue XLV 2 slide with Rivets-current coach, 1999 shell
    Previous 22 years,
    We have owned every kind of Prevost shell but an H3-40

John, I have those manuals and a notebook with brochures for most of the converter installed components on my bus, anything else that I have needed Liberty has been very forth coming with the information.

The lack of a complete and formally printed manual IMHO is not practical as most all coaches different.

I also believe that each converter thinks they do things the best way possible and do not want to have their technical data too freely available for the competition to pick on for marketing purposes. That is the same with CNC machine tools, the purchaser never gets 100% of the manufacturing data, only what is necessary on a "need to know" basis for repairs. Modern machine builders encourage users to utilize factory repair personnel to enforce proper repair and thus uphold the manufacturers reputation.

JIM

Ditto what Kevin said. Marathon will not hand out the drawings. The electrical control system for that coach was manufactured by Techlon (EDSI).
    Parts and support are still available from the manufacturer, but not Marathon.
    Contact Brian at 610-682-9764.