I was contacted by a new Prevost (2001, XL2) owner today. He acquired this bus as a damaged unit (Insurance job, I think?) and is repairing it. The following is brief story on the bus;

He flew to Indiana to pickup the bus after he purchase it.

He pickup up the unit and had several issues upon pickup. The coach engine was started and he observed the 24 house batteries taking a charge (27 volts). Apparently, the house batteries had depleted and during the checkout?, numerous switches were depressed, including an ac unit. The house batteries did not have a chance to recharge before this was done. During the drive back to Houston, he observed the house batteries volt meter reading 34 volts (He thinks the voltage regulator for the house batteries faulted). When he stopped to checkout the problem, one of the batteries had ruptured, blowing the top of the battery off (His words!). And one of the inverters was smoking, literally. (All bad things!)

So he brought the coach to Prevost Fort Worth for repairs??!! His Prevost Fort Worth experience was similar to mine, not good! Prevost Fort Worth replaced two of the side windows that were broken.

However, the coach control system did not work when he picked up the coach from Prevost. He drove down the road to Marathon Fort Worth. Marathon Fort Worth stated that the cost of repair would be between $2,000 and $20,000. Marathon stated that his coach controller (I do not know the official name of the electronics that control the Marathon coach side.) would need replacement because Marathon was no longer services the version he had.

My Question is........

When he asked Marathon for drawings, they told him that their drawings were proprietary and would not give him any drawings of his coach. He stated he asked several times, with no results.

Is this normal practice for Marathon coach owners? Not able to get drawings or information for a coach you own?

I am a Country Coach owner and have been able to accumulate drawings (It is a struggle!), not a complete set yet, but I do have drawings. I thought that Country Coach was the only coach converter that treats it customers like badly.

Hector and "Plastic Shield"