Thread: TX service recommendation

Default TX service recommendation

Anyone have a suggestion for a good place to get our Wanderlodge with Series 60 Detroit Diesel (aka Prevost wannabe) serviced in TX. We'll be traveling through on a line from Fort Worth to San Antonio in late December / early January and want to have someone experienced look over the mechanicals (hoses, air bags, etc.) We had a service done at a Freightliner/Detroit Diesel shop in Missoula, MT a couple of months and 2,000 miles ago, but I wasn't completely happy with the overall results.

I've seen some mentions of Fort Worth Diesel, Prevost in Fort Worth and Seguin Diesel.

Does anyone have direct experience with any of those service centers (good or bad) or any other suggestions?

Thanks,
    Bruce

dreamchasers Guest

I live in Livingston, Texas, north of Houston. I have experience with Prevost Fort Worth, unfortunately, my experience is bad.

The good thing about Prevost Fort Worth is they do have parking spots with electricity.

Perhaps others can offer their experiences.

Hector

Default Texas Service

Hey Bruce n Linda - How you two doin'?

New service facility in Lewisville, on 35E. I know some of the techs personally, and they don't get any better. Check them out at www.storemyrv.com or call Bill Kipp 214-435-2842. It's a half hour out of your way, but it will be the best half hour you ever spent.

Ken

Scott T Guest

Default Texas Service

Bruce
    Take Ken's advice. I store my coach there, and they are great folks. Always willing to listen and make suggestions. They will only spend what you want to spend. They do not make lists of deficiencies, to create work, they will discuss and recommend the critical repair items. Eddie or Todd will greet you when you arrive. Take the time to go over your issues, and make sure they understand what you want or what your problem is. Everything will work out fine. The Grapevine Mall is real close; for your wife, to enhance the Texas economy.
    Scott T

Scott, glad to see you are back to posting on POG. Now that you have your new bus, and it is safely stored in Lewisville, it is time to post some pictures of your new baby.

Also update your signature line, so that when you post we all know what you are driving / towing.

Let me know when you and Linda are coming back to the Houston area, so we can get together. There is a real nice resort just north of Houston, called Rayford RV Resort. That is where several of us go to just get away from the house, and it is very nice. http://www.rayfordcrossing.com/

Gary S.

Scott,

I hope we can catch up with you and Linda in November/December. I hope that all is going well.

Loc

Loc - 2008 Marathon XLII - Houston

Scott T Guest

Default Texas Service

Gary
    Thanks for the info on the RV Resort, will give it a try in Dec. Driving south on the 12th for a couple of weeks. Get the tow vehicle set up and hang out in the area-polish the coach, clean up the plumbing bay, and get to know the systems better. Linda is having withdrawals- needs some time in the Grapevine Mills Mall.
    Loc
    Things are good. Looking forward to having lunch with the Houston bunch one day. The Colorado Rally sounds like fun-Jeeps Do Rule.
    Scott

Let me know when you guys plan a lunch - after all the PMs back and forth would love to meet you Scott (and the Houston bunch for that matter).

Scott T Guest

Default Texas Service

Gordon
    Will call when I am heading your way. Look forward to our visit.
    Scott