Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: The bus made it home!

parksincpp Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mark3101 View Post
    Well, my squeak is gone! It seems that maybe it is water/rain related after all. Everything was nice and dry today and we took it for a 50 mile ride and NO SQUEAK!!! I suppose I should wet it down and try it again to be absolutely sure, but it would appear that water was the cause.

I also found out that if i stop the slide just before it would normally stop when opening, it does not trip the error code. Scott had asked me to try that and it did work.

It seems that most of my gripes have now been either fixed or at least I know what is going on, and they will be fixed next time I get to Prevost. We really are liking this coach and have started to think about all of the places we want to go.
    Glad to hear your squeak is gone and your not triping the error code.

Well, my squeak is gone! It seems that maybe it is water/rain related after all. Everything was nice and dry today and we took it for a 50 mile ride and NO SQUEAK!!! I suppose I should wet it down and try it again to be absolutely sure, but it would appear that water was the cause.

I also found out that if i stop the slide just before it would normally stop when opening, it does not trip the error code. Scott had asked me to try that and it did work.

It seems that most of my gripes have now been either fixed or at least I know what is going on, and they will be fixed next time I get to Prevost. We really are liking this coach and have started to think about all of the places we want to go.
    Mark,
    I thought you squeak would be gone the next time you drove it in dry weather. As I said in my previous post, we have the exact same model year bus and the same happened to me. Glad you don't have a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenj View Post
    Mark,
    I thought you squeak would be gone the next time you drove it in dry weather. As I said in my previous post, we have the exact same model year bus and the same happened to me. Glad you don't have a problem.
    Yep, you were right on the money. I would dearly like to know why water would make it squeak like it did. I wonder if using the awnings over the slides when it rains would make a difference? I did not have them out since it was dark when we parked and I was more worried about wind than rain.

As time permits, I will likely play more with this to see if I can find a solution, or to see if it even comes back again.

Thanks again for your earlier suggestion.

Default Low low air pressure.

My 03 CC Double Slide has a regulator in the 2nd bay drivers side behind a false ceiling that controls the air pressure level of the air bladder for the slides. Somehow mine gets out of whack and the air pressure does not stay were I put it.

You might want to check yours and see what level of pressure you are running. Mine states no more than 10 lbs. max.

Today I ordered a new one from Prevost and I get dancing girls and a steak dinner with it. No just kidding but I feel like I should get something besides a low pressure air regulator.--149 Lew Bucks. Local supply Company all kinds for 11 bucks except the low pressure one that I need.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Mark as a general rule, you are suppose to use the awnings over the slides when the slides are out. They will keep water, leaves and things falling from the sky, from getting on top of your slides and gumming up the works when you pull the slides in.

The awnings should retract if the wind picks up too much, or if you know you have a storm coming, retract the awnings ahead of time. The slide awnings don't hang out in the breeze too far any way so you shouldn't have a problem with them.

Gary S.

Quote Originally Posted by rfoster View Post
    My 03 CC Double Slide has a regulator in the 2nd bay drivers side behind a false ceiling that controls the air pressure level of the air bladder for the slides. Somehow mine gets out of whack and the air pressure does not stay were I put it.

You might want to check yours and see what level of pressure you are running. Mine states no more than 10 lbs. max.

Today I ordered a new one from Prevost and I get dancing girls and a steak dinner with it. No just kidding but I feel like I should get something besides a low pressure air regulator.--149 Lew Bucks. Local supply Company all kinds for 11 bucks except the low pressure one that I need.
    I will check to see if mine is in the same spot as yours. Thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary & Peggy Stevens View Post
    Mark as a general rule, you are suppose to use the awnings over the slides when the slides are out. They will keep water, leaves and things falling from the sky, from getting on top of your slides and gumming up the works when you pull the slides in.

The awnings should retract if the wind picks up too much, or if you know you have a storm coming, retract the awnings ahead of time. The slide awnings don't hang out in the breeze too far any way so you shouldn't have a problem with them.

Gary S.
    I was wondering about that, but the dealer did not mention it. In fact he said not to use them if it was raining/stormy out because the wind could damage them. I see that I have a couple of wind speed spinners on the roof...I assume for the awnings to auto retract, right??

Thanks...

On my slides the awnings are attached to the slides so they roll out with the slides. There have been issues with the top of the slides buckling and having to be replaced because of the heat of the sun. If your awnings are the gerard or zip dee on the top of the bus, remember that they are 120 volt on a GFI circuit and they willll not retract in the wind if you are without power or if the GFI has tripped.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Quote Originally Posted by garyde View Post
    On my slides the awnings are attached to the slides so they roll out with the slides. There have been issues with the top of the slides buckling and having to be replaced because of the heat of the sun. If your awnings are the gerard or zip dee on the top of the bus, remember that they are 120 volt on a GFI circuit and they willll not retract in the wind if you are without power or if the GFI has tripped.
    Thanks! I thought they were 120vac, but did not know about the GFI. I will check the breaker box and see where and how they are connected.

I know that the Crestron system controls them as well as a remote and a manual switch in a closet.

How much wind is too much?

How much wind is too much?

Mark, I am not sure there is a good answer for that?

Just check to be sure your wind sensors do pull the awnings in when the wind is present. If the wind sensors don't do their job for some reason, it will just be up to you to watch the weather closer.

I don't worry so much about my awnings over the slide being out because they are smaller and less likely to do / cause much damage if the wind kicks up. But the passengers side larger awning, I never leave out when we are not home, or when we go to bed. Just a habit to put it in, so not surprised during the night.

Gary S.