Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: The bus made it home!

parksincpp Guest

Mark

Call me at the Mira Loma Branch 800-421-9958. The phones don't get answered until 8am west coast time. I'll be avalible until 3.

I work for Prevost and I will be more than happy to help you or get you to someone who can.

Scott Parks

Smile Very Happy Camper w/ Slide

Mark it looks like Scott with Prevost is jumping in here to help you which will be great.

On my 01 American with Prevost slides, it was mandatory and automatic for the rear tag to release air, than the slide seal would release its air, and shortly there after the slide pins would release and the slide would go out.

Now I know for sure Prevost has made some major improvements in the slide mechanisms over the last 8 years, so maybe yours 08' operates differently than mine so I would just wait till Scott can send you to the correct slide person for your information. When you hear it from the horses mouth, your answer should be correct. I.M.O. anyway.

And believe me, I have gone through my share of slide issues over the last 9 months, BUT the GOOD news is, I believe all of those issues have been resolved, thanks to the hard work of Prevost Ft. Worth, and Quebec and all of the techs that got involved.

I am a Very Happy Camper w/ Slide.

Gary S.

Quote Originally Posted by parksincpp View Post
    Mark

Call me at the Mira Loma Branch 800-421-9958. The phones don't get answered until 8am west coast time. I'll be avalible until 3.

I work for Prevost and I will be more than happy to help you or get you to someone who can.

Scott Parks
    Thanks, I will call you ASAP, but it may be next week before I can. I am leaving today for a short business trip, and should be back late Monday.

parksincpp Guest

Wow 3:22 am. You must be busy!!

Mark

Call me at the Mira Loma Branch 800-421-9958. The phones don't get answered until 8am west coast time. I'll be available until 3.

Scott Parks
    I called today, but you were busy working on a coach. Here are the errors I get while opening the forward slide:

SLD0 MOT SPEED A CTR
    CURRENT ABOVE NORMAL

SLD0 MOT SPEED B CTR
    CURRENT ABOVE NORMAL

The codes clear when you shut the ignition off. The error is only on open, never on close. The forward slide is a little noisier than the rear one, but not very much. It does seem to work harder at the very end of travel.

I have not had time to take it out on the road to see if the squeak is gone after it dried up, but I will try to do that tomorrow if I get time.

If I find out any more info I will post it. Thanks!

parksincpp Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mark3101 View Post
    I called today, but you were busy working on a coach. Here are the errors I get while opening the forward slide:

SLD0 MOT SPEED A CTR
    CURRENT ABOVE NORMAL

SLD0 MOT SPEED B CTR
    CURRENT ABOVE NORMAL

The codes clear when you shut the ignition off. The error is only on open, never on close. The forward slide is a little noisier than the rear one, but not very much. It does seem to work harder at the very end of travel.

I have not had time to take it out on the road to see if the squeak is gone after it dried up, but I will try to do that tomorrow if I get time.

If I find out any more info I will post it. Thanks!
    Sorry about that. Sometimes with all of the noise I don't hear the pages. I sent you a PM.

Sorry about that. Sometimes with all of the noise I don't hear the pages. I sent you a PM.
    Well, thanks to Scott, I found out that the error code problem with the slide is just an adjustment and will not harm anything until I can get it taken care of.

Thanks to Scott and everyone else who jumped in with any suggestions.

Now I just have to look and find out about that squeak....maybe later today if time permits.

Default The bus made it home!

Well, my squeak is gone! It seems that maybe it is water/rain related after all. Everything was nice and dry today and we took it for a 50 mile ride and NO SQUEAK!!! I suppose I should wet it down and try it again to be absolutely sure, but it would appear that water was the cause.

I also found out that if i stop the slide just before it would normally stop when opening, it does not trip the error code. Scott had asked me to try that and it did work.

It seems that most of my gripes have now been either fixed or at least I know what is going on, and they will be fixed next time I get to Prevost. We really are liking this coach and have started to think about all of the places we want to go.

Hey Mark, glad to hear that things are working better for you. I also get frustrated when things don't work just right. The good thing is that you learn more about your bus a little at a time. Have fun planning!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sid Tuls View Post
    Hey Mark, glad to hear that things are working better for you. I also get frustrated when things don't work just right. The good thing is that you learn more about your bus a little at a time. Have fun planning!!
    It is frustrating, but I kind of expected some of it. You can't have something like this coach sit for a couple of years and not find something wrong with it. Best part is that most of it is minor and will be covered under warranty. I have already learned a lot and there is much more to go!

We will have a good time doing the planning...already have some destinations in mind and just have to schedule it.

Take care....