Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 4WD Fat Beagle

Loc; keep us posted we would likely come.
    Granvil Tracy
    2000 Vantare XLV45, S-2

Loc,

We would love to do a mini rally in Colorado and do some 4WD off roading, but we can't make it this year.... Have a trip to Alaska planned. Next year for sure!
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Loc,
    keep us in the loop also, if the Kids are out of school, sounds like a lot of fun!

I am thinking late July / early August. It has to be when the kids are out of school and when the snow has melted on the passes. I am leaning toward Durango as the base because it has more amenities and attractions than Creede (which is really nice but very small and somewhat isolated). Durango is close to Mesa Verde NP and has the Durango Silverton Railroad. Additionally it is closer to the better Jeep trails (around Silverton, Ouray and Telluride). We can easily run Engineer, Cinnamon, Ophir, Imogene, California and Corkscrew in just about any 4WD. For those looking for a little / lot more thrill we can run Poughkeepsie and Black Bear (although my wife has advised me she will never do Black Bear again and I won't do it with the kids). I have stayed at Alpen Rose and the KOA in Hermosa in the Durango area. Does anyone have a better recommendation in Durango?

Loc - 2008 Marathon XLII - Houston

Loc,

A Fat Beagle Rally in Colorado in Late July / early August sounds great. We plan on trying to be in that area next summer. BUT, where and when is next years BIG POG rally? I would sure like to be able to hit the Fat Beagle and the POG rally all on the same trip. Us working stiffs have to plan long trips like this WAY IN ADVANCE. How about the POG rally 2 to 4 weeks after the Fat Beagle and do it at Kerville or Rayne, LA??? Just a thought.
    Last edited by ajducote; 11-02-2009 at 10:31 AM.

Andre,

Don't get me in trouble with POG Management. I am just trying to put together a little Fat Beagle Colorado trip (separate from the Official Fat Beagle at Labor Day) to have a little Jeep fun in cooler weather. I have no influence with the POG higher ups.

Loc

Loc,

Not trying to get you in trouble. Just trying to get POG Management and POG Members thinking about next year. It is never to soon to plan ahead for a large rally. You would still have the Labor Day Rally at Kerville??

Quote Originally Posted by Loc View Post
    Andre,

Don't get me in trouble with POG Management. I am just trying to put together a little Fat Beagle Colorado trip (separate from the Official Fat Beagle at Labor Day) to have a little Jeep fun in cooler weather. I have no influence with the POG higher ups.

Loc

Andre,

The Official Fat Beagle is always at Buckhorn over Labor Day Weekend. This would be the Fat Beagle 4WD Micro Rally an addition to the traditional OFB. The 4WD Fat Beagle will have much less planning and work by me. It will have some dates, a campground and the idea of running Jeep trails, but other than that it is vacation. I envison several days of camping with two to three days of Jeep trails (based on desire of those joining and experience levels) including a lunch at Handlebars in Silverton (a Jeep trail tradition). If we are lucky JDUB will bring his trailer queen Scout and show us how a pumpkin works on the trails. With Durango, there is the train and a trip to Mesa Verde to keep folks entertained on the other days. The Official Fat Beagle is where the real work starts.

Loc
    Last edited by Loc; 11-02-2009 at 02:35 PM.

Loc, I might be interested in that trip. Would the Jeeps have to be registered, or can you get by with a non " road legal " jeep ? .... James

Loc, set a date and we're good to go. This place looks nice.
    http://www.durangoriversideresort.co....php?page_id=1