Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 4WD Fat Beagle

Default 4WD Fat Beagle

I am thinking about trips for next summer and considering Southwestern Colorado. It has been several years since we have traveled all the pass trails like Imogene, Ophir, Black Bear, Poughkeepsie, California, etc, and I was thinking it might be fun to have a mini rally in late July to bust some of the rust off of the Jeep. I am thinking Durango or Creede. Any interest????

Loc - 2008 Marathon XLII - Houston

Found this in my latest Newsletter from Millennium.

wonder1.png

wonder2.png

Publicity knows no bounds.

Nice job Churchill.

That's "Publicity knows no hounds"

Loc - 2008 Marathon XLII - Houston

dreamchasers Guest

Loc,

Sound great! Maybe I can follow you "bad boys" with my meager Jeep Liberty. Lee and I love the four wheel drive passes in Colorado.

Hector

Loc,

We are game. With Chris' presidentcy of the our local Denver Unit of the Airstream Club for 2010, we have summer dates set. So, pick a few dates to see if we can factor "Fat Beagle Traction" in.

Creede is a great place since the Wheeler Geologic Formation is nearby, also the headwaters of the Rio Grand. Rivers Edge at Mountain View is the only choice there.
    Durango has more choices for spots, but they all book fast.
    Jim and Chris
    2001 Featherlite Vogue XLV 2 slide with Rivets-current coach, 1999 shell
    Previous 22 years,
    We have owned every kind of Prevost shell but an H3-40

Gotta pick a date ASAP LocNes.. We're there with you if there is any way possible. Whats in Creede RV park wise? Let's book early and get that out of the way.

If you be want to jeep the San Juan trails Centennial RV park south of Montrose is a great choice. It is only 25 miles from Ouray. Ouray is one mile from the road up Yankee Boy and Imogene. Few more miles to Mineral point trail that is the lower route to Engineer pass. Also up Mineral Point road is the turn off for Poughkeepsie Gulch. More in the area are Black Bear, Corkscrew and others. Any of these are a easy day from Montrose. We do all of these once during the summer and some 3 or 4 times. Some are easy enough for the Liberty. I know it is more of a drive from the east to get to Montrose but the jeeping will be worth the miles. We live about 5 miles from Centennial (we pass it every time we go jeeping). A 45 footer will fit most anywhere at Centennial. Creede has a great park but the jeeping is limited compared to the other side of the San Juans. Mid July to the 2nd week of Aug. is the best time for all the wild flowers. There are also 4 or 5 golf courses in Montrose. Ouray has a great hot springs. Pat my wife grew up in Creede. We can be the guides.

Would like to join in on this venture if schedule allows.

We would love to make that trip, if we can get away?

Time will tell, but keep us posted about.

Gary S.

Count us in. We will show up anywhere that is picked.
    Note: The Creede Woodcarvers Rendezvou is July 10 - 16, 2010. This fills up every type of lodging and parking in Creede. The woodcarvers news letter goes out soon telling all to book lodging soon.
    Mountain View RV Park is the only park we have found in the Creede area that a 45' coach will fit. Maybe we can now show up at a POG function.