Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New Member From NC

Quote Originally Posted by merle&louise View Post
    Hey Reagan I think he's talking to us!

I wave to Prevosts, but they just wave back using one finger! What's up with that?

Welcome to the POG forum David. Glad to have you aboard. Does your BB have a series 60? If so, you will learn a great deal from these guys. Try to attend a rally; in addition to meeting some great folks the seminars are first rate.

We like the Lake Toxaway & Highlands area of North Carolina. When you guys have a mini rally let us know. I love that Carolina BarBQue & the Smokie Mnts.
    Are you kidding? Reagan is one of the good guys. And he did a fine job when he was president.

Besides, that Newell Coach (Newell is a coach and Prevost is a bus according to Newell owners) he has is a sweetheart.

Default Newell is a Coach....

What is the name of that outfit in Stuart, FL?

Liberty what????
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

I think it is Liberty Bus.

I was just repeating what I was told by a Newell owner. He had never been in a Prevost, never driven one, and was lecturing me on the fact that he had a coach and I had a bus.

Whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by merle&louise View Post
    Does your BB have a series 60? If so, you will learn a great deal from these guys. Try to attend a rally; in addition to meeting some great folks the seminars are first rate.
    Hi Tuga,

Thanks for the welcome. Yes my BB does have the S60 and the Allison HD4060 6 speed transmission.

We travel coast to coast in it. Having lived in California for 11 years, I still do business out there and have friends to visit. In a perfect world I'd have a short bus for state and federal parks and to tool around in on the East coast and a long bus for coast to coast trips. I'd like to find a slide-less 40 ft Prevost. Although my wife pretty much requires one slide, we have that in our BB. A 40 ft Prevost with bunks would be the ticket. Anyone have any leads?

-----------------------cut here-------------------

After reading what I wrote above, I can't help thinking I'm nuts! Who in the world can manage to maintain two of these things. LOL

David Brady
    '02 Blue Bird, Wanderlodge, LXi
    Asheville, NC
    Last edited by travelite; 11-01-2009 at 06:28 PM.

David,
    We have a 45 XLII Marathon with 2 bunks, non-slide, works great! We do 1 or 2 west to east trips every year and with 3 girls and the wife, we have a great time! I am on my second Marathon and I love the design, fit & finish and support, I am sure my next bus will be a Marathon!

Jon,

That Newell owner was right; you do have a bus - a very nice bus!

David,

I agree; maintaining 2 buses would be rough. All I can say is keep your wife happy - cause when Mama ain't happy - nobody's happy! You know slides are nice but so is a nimble 40'. Decisions decisions!
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Erion View Post
    David,
    We have a 45 XLII Marathon with 2 bunks, non-slide, works great! We do 1 or 2 west to east trips every year and with 3 girls and the wife, we have a great time! I am on my second Marathon and I love the design, fit & finish and support, I am sure my next bus will be a Marathon!
    Kevin,

That's great to hear. Did the bus come from Marathon already equipped with bunks or did you add them?

David Brady
    '02 Blue Bird, Wanderlodge, LXi
    Asheville, NC

David, Marathon builds a bunk bed floor plan as one of there standard models. They only made 4 XLII non slide bunk bed buses, I was in big trouble because I had to have one. I looked at 3 of them and this one worked out best from colors to cost.

David,

Panterra Coach has a 2001 Royale XLII non-slide with three bunks on its website (it is also on the Prevost-stuff website). Many of the Millenniums are designed with the bath, sink and toilet on one side with a large closet opposite that can be converted to bunks. Our Millennium was built with bunks and I was happy to find it. I had looked at two Marathon bunk coaches. The bunk coaches exist but they are rare. The 40 footers are even more rare. AJ (a POG member) had a 40 Marathon with bunks.

Good luck

Loc - 2008 Marathon XLII - Houston