Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Member From NC

What? You mean I'm driving a foreign bus???

The politically correct phrase is "International Nameplate Vehicle"
    Wendy and Rick DeSilva
    '08 Marathon H-3
    2017 F350 platinum
    Mahwah, NJ
    Brant Beach, NJ
    Pelican Lake, Fla

Biloxi, MS (Beautiful Mississippi Gulf Coast)

Rick: You might have steped in it, now!!!

Southern Pines, NC (next door to Pinehurst)

Default Prevost - Goodlettsville, TN

David,

Don't know if you have been to Prevost in their new facility. They moved to Goodlettsville, TN. Finding their driveway is a pain. If you miss it you wind up in storage/warehouse hell. Not too easy to get turned around.

You won't see a Prevost sign because of where the good fathers on the City Council allowed Prevost to place it. It is not illuminated and is only about 3-4' tall! Oh yeah the sign is placed diagonally to the street and has Prevost proudly displayed on one side only. It's also hidden behind a row of scrub/volunteer vegatation that the City Fathers won't manage so the sign can be seen. They toss that one to TennDOT, the ones without the propellers! If you miss the dirveway going in a right turn coming back out of storage/warehouse hell is impossible. You have to go back to the Commercial Food Distribution parking lot beside Hardee's. I was towing a full size pick up and there was just enough room to make the U-turn to get out of the parking lot.

Anyway, Prevost's driveway is the concrete on the left where the access road veers away from the I-65 fence.

Oh yeah, Happy Holloween!
    Last edited by Will Garner; 10-31-2009 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rickdesilva View Post
    Since it appears that Parliament purchased the intellectual DNA of Prevost , there may be a bond here.
    Rick,

Thanks for the welcome. It's great to hear so many former Wanderlodge owners speak up. The IP was bought by Parliament, but the Factory and real estate along with all the heavy equipment, lifts, paint booth, etc, were bought by Karl Moberg (sp?). Word is that Karl wants to build an over-the-road, long distance passenger coach at the factory. Apparently the design and engineering are finished, all that's required is to configure and staff the factory.

David Brady
    '02 Blue Bird, Wanderlodge, LXi
    Asheville, NC

sawdust_128 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by travelite View Post
    Us Wanderlodge owners are arguably the most loyal bunch out there.

David Brady
    '02 Blue Bird, LXi,
    Asheville, NC

And That's How the Fight Began!!

Now you've done it.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Garner View Post
    Don't know if you have been to Prevost in their new facility. They moved to Goodlettsville, TN. Finding their driveway is a pain. If you miss it you wind up in storage/warehouse hell. Not too easy to get turned around.
    Will, thanks for the heads-up. Pending the rock slide getting fixed, I don't know when I'll be back that way, but I'll be sure to have very good directions when I go.

David Brady
    '02 Blue Bird, Wanderlodge, LXi,
    Asheville, NC
    Last edited by travelite; 11-01-2009 at 04:06 PM.

Southern Pines, NC (next door to Pinehurst)

Default Address, Prevost - Goodlettsville

David,

The new address is 800 South Cartwright Street. If you Google that address nothing shows up. I was told to use 500 South Cartwright Street on Google and it does show up. Just one of the problems associated with their new address. They are north of I-40 off I-65 at Exit 97.
    Last edited by Will Garner; 11-03-2009 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post
    Oh, one other thing David,

You can spread the word to other Bluebird owners (listen up there Newell owners, also) that is really is OK to wave and give a smile to Prevost owners. We don't bite, our drivelines are almost the same, we all drive rigs of smilar size and weight, and we all like good quality stuff. We'll wave back or at you depending on who sees who first.

We aren't all stuck up. Just some of us.
    Hey Reagan I think he's talking to us!

I wave to Prevosts, but they just wave back using one finger! What's up with that?

Welcome to the POG forum David. Glad to have you aboard. Does your BB have a series 60? If so, you will learn a great deal from these guys. Try to attend a rally; in addition to meeting some great folks the seminars are first rate.

We like the Lake Toxaway & Highlands area of North Carolina. When you guys have a mini rally let us know. I love that Carolina BarBQue & the Smokie Mnts.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

sawdust_128 Guest

Well stop waving with one finger on each hand. Keep your hands on the wheel.